LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wait, where have I heard this before?

You might remember this day, when I had to go to a conference downtown. Well, last Friday, I found out that I had to go to Part 2 yesterday. It was HORRIBLE!!!! It was the same man speaking, and he said EXACTLY the same thing as last time - VERBATIM!!! Oh my hell, it was the worst!!! (A couple of the teachers there said they had to attend this conference at the end of last school year, and it was the SAME speech then, too! They've now had to listen to it THREE times!!) It almost wasn't enough to just be away from the Hell-Hole. Well, ok, yeah, that WAS pretty great, but still.

Traffic was so bad in the morning, it took me well over an hour to get there. Thank goodness THIS was my view as I was crawling along I55. By the time I got there, the yummy breakfast spread was condensed to a mere basket of bagels and a few smears of cream cheese. It was really hard to sit there, let me tell ya.

After the last awful conference, I thought I would bring my laptop and get some work done, but sadly, I couldn't get a wifi signal in the conference center. At least this time I sat with my girlfriend for the whole morning, but it was hard to sit and chat because the speaker was all over the talkers, keeping us in check. For some reason, we were split between two rooms this time, which made it harder to hide in the back of the room and have our own conversation. (Yeah, we're rude like that.)

I did, however, take a few more pictures of the gorgeous view. I wanted to be able to compare the two sets of pictures, especially since now we have snow (YAY!)

The boats, and the leaves, are gone.

Thanks to the very clear, sunny day, you can get a much better view of Lake Michigan, just past the Sheraton Hotel.
Again, the leaves are gone. But look at the beautiful lake!



I planned to share a whole bunch of other stuff tonight, but Blogger makes it so difficult to post multiple photos, that I'm now far too exhausted (and annoyed!) to share any more. I'm going to hit the sack. Oh, and hey, only TWO days til Christmas break! Woo hoo!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are both educators, and my son and his wife live in another state and are educators as well. They have some kind of "union" days off from school. Paid days, and they never go to the Union meetings. Sometimes I wish I could do that with staff develoment days.....

Sarahf said...

Ugh, that conference sounds like a total waste of time. What fun stuff are you planning for Christmas break?

Unknown said...

if i'm there in your conference I'll be sleeping already. :)
want to thank you for your lovely comment, I was teary eyed when I read it along with the other comments. Seeing comments like these gave me a good feeling.
thanks again!
by the way i like the views.