LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today just keeps getting better and better!

If you read my first post from this morning, you probably figured out that I was in a pretty good mood when I left for work. I know NO one else really cares, but I still tried to take some video for you this morning as I was leaving.

Yeah, I know, you can't see anything, right? Trust me, it was snowing! :) (I can't believe I'm letting the whole world see the disastrous mess that is my garage. Oy!)

I snapped a couple of pictures around the yard to show you the overnight accumulation of snow.


I even tried to take some video during my drive to work.



I was in such a good mood when I got to the Hell-Hole! The babies were pretty hilarious, too. They know how very happy the snow would make me, so when I went to pick them up, they were all clamoring to tell me it was snowing. Like, duh! Do you think I can't see that?! They're funny. I had intended to take a picture out my classroom window to show you the pretty scene I was able to enjoy, but right after lunch, the office buzzed my room.

"Mrs. L., Stud's school is on the phone." Ah, crap!! NOW what did he do!?! Turns out it was the school nurse. She said Stud was in her office "complaining of stomach discomfort and vomiting, as well as a pain in his right, upper chest. He does not have a fever." She then said that Stud told her I probably wouldn't be able to leave and that she could call his grandma. I immediately told her, "Oh, no, that's ok. I'll be there as soon as I can!" Isn't it awful that my first thought was, "Woo hoo! I get to leave!!"

I did some scrambling and got someone to cover my class. There really wasn't too much for the sub to do this afternoon. The class has computers at the end of the day, so he really only had to keep them occupied for about an hour. I set them up with a game I just made them (to work on place value) so hopefully they played it without too much trouble. I made sure I set up the TV as a backup plan.

I couldn't resist taking a little more video right before I pulled into the parking lot of Stud's school.

This was the accumulation on the ground outside the doors of Stud's school.
When I got home, I decided to take a couple of "after" shots of the spots I shot this morning. Not a huge difference, but definitely more 'snow.'

Right now, it's about 6 hours later than the first post I did this morning, and it's only 1 degree warmer. It's currently 23. It's supposed to be really cold the next couple of days, so maybe I should look for my coat, huh? I really didn't need it yet today, since I wore a long-sleeved shirt.

Well, even after checking emails, reading all my favorite blogs and writing this drivel, I still have 2 'found' hours this afternoon, so I think I'll finish my Christmas cards, and get them in the mail today. I'm WAY behind on that because of whatever this 'thing' is I've been fighting. Even though I ordered my cards early enough, I could drag myself to pick them up until yesterday. Normally, I start addressing them (all 125!) a few days before Thanksgiving, so I can mail them on Wednesday, and everyone gets them on Friday. It's kind of a running joke now with my friends and family, that mine is always the first card they receive. I've already had a handful of people call me this week to see if I was ok, because Thanksgiving was almost a week ago, and they hadn't received my card yet. Aren't they sweet?

One last thing - I suppose I'm going to attempt NaBloPoMo for December. I mean, hell, I've already got 2 posts under my belt today alone! :) But, maybe this month I'll actually do it right, and use their daily writing prompts. Then again, it's much more fun to make you read the stupid crap I decide to write about on my own. tee hee!

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

But how is Stud? Is he OK? I love that you stopped to take pictures on the way to get him :P

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope SM feels better!
Snow? Snow? Snow? wowza...you enjoy that. Ok? ;)