LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2

Thursday, December 2, 2010 What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

In all seriousness, I'd have to say giving birth. I don't usually share the story with women who have never given birth, lest I scare the ever-livin' shit out of them. So, I won't share the whole story here. But, suffice it to say, I had an excruciatingly long and painful labor, without any drugs whatsoever. I had to then go into surgery immediately after Stud was born. The words "ripped" and "major vessel" were my two favorites - NOT! My doctor refused to tell me how many stitches he gave me, and simply said, "I stopped counting after 100."

Funny little side story (again!) - As some of you may remember, Stud's birthday is November 6. (Despite arriving at the hospital on November 5!) I only got to see him for a minute before they whisked me away to surgery. He was born at 4:46am. I woke up from surgery around 5pm, in my room. I had a shared room, and I was in the bed next to the window. As I was waking up, I glanced out the window. Imagine my surprise when I saw the whole world covered in a beautiful blanket of snow!! My first thoughts were "What the hell?!?! Have I been in a coma?!? How freakin' long have I been asleep?!!? Where the hell is my baby?!" I was seriously freaked out. It was probably in the 60s the day before when I got to the hospital. I'm sure I was still a little loopy from anesthesia, but still, I was freakin'.
The fact that the snow made me completely happy quickly put an end to the freak out. It was actually the perfect "gift" from the universe on the day of my baby's birth. It was symbolically 'the icing on the cake!'

3 comments:

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

You are my hero yet again!!!! WOW...no drugs...WOW. I want to be high as a kite. I even told Ben that if we got a church in some small ass town I would get a hotel room two weeks beforehand in the city I was going to have the baby in!!!

What a great present of snow too!

Sarahf said...

I love the "how long was I asleep?" feeling I get when it snows heavily overnight. Thanks for not detailing, but, seriously? no drugs?

Clippy Mat said...

Now I know why you love the snow so much.
explained.
;-)