LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wait, WHAT day is it?

Ok, somehow, I've lost a day. Apparently, my body decided that today was the day I was going to catch up on all my lost sleep. Christmas Eve was a late one, but not nearly as late as normal. I think we left my parents' house at about 2am. It's usually closer to 3 or 4, but my sister had worked all day, and was exhausted. Once one of us decides to call it a night, the rest of us pretty much follow suit.

Despite getting to bed at almost 3, Dorky Dog still woke me up at 6, so he could go potty. I tried to go back to sleep, but it wasn't really happening. Stud slept in til nearly 2, then he opened his gifts and left shortly after with CSJ. I headed back to my parents' house for leftovers.

Christmas Day is always so nice. It's just the 5 of us, as Stud and his cousins all go spend the day with their fathers. They usually get dropped off at my parents' later in the evening, but for the most part, it's just "us" for the day. Just like when we were kids. We eat ourselves silly, feasting on leftovers from the night before, as well as the 2 million kinds of cookies and candy that are all over the house.

Last night was even a later night than Christmas Eve. I didn't get home until after 4am this morning. I more or less forced Buster to go out, hoping he wouldn't then wake me at 6. Yeah, well, it almost worked. He waited until 7! I tried to go back to sleep, and managed to snooze from about 8-10. I stayed in bed, though, hoping to fall asleep again. I watched some TV, which is my usual Sunday m.o., and read magazines. Sleep finally grabbed me around noon, only to have the phone wake me up around 2:30ish. ARGH!!! I heard Stud start to stir around this time, probably also awakened by the phone. He came upstairs at nearly 3 to say "good morning" and I heated up the pizza my brother insisted I take home this morning. (My brother decided he wanted pizza last night at around midnight. Believe it or not, our favorite place was actually open on Christmas Day! And, it was open til 2am!!) A Mama Barocco's (stuffed pizza, with spinach and ricotta cheese, extra sauce! Yum!!!) was the perfect breakfast!

After we ate, I headed back to my cozy bed to watch some more mindless TV. (I know, I'm a loser! But, hey, I'm on vacation, people!) Before I knew it, it was 6:00, which usually means America's Funniest Home Videos, but instead, when I flipped to Channel 7, I was horrified to see the opening credits to The Sound of Music! OMG, I HATE that movie!!! So, I called my sister, who freakin' ADORES that stupid movie, and told her to turn it on. She tried to convince me to watch it, since I've never seen the whole movie at one time (only bits and pieces over the years, since it's 4 freakin' hours long!!) but she was unsuccessful. Instead, I flipped on America's Test Kitchen. That's the last thing I remember. I must have fallen into a pizza coma or something. I woke up after 9:30!

Despite all the little cat naps today, I still don't feel completely rested. Probably because it was all little bits of sleep, as opposed to one nice, long slumber, huh? I'm actually ready to go back to sleep for the night. Don't judge! Maybe I'll see if Stud is still awake, and wants to watch a movie with his mommy. That'll put me to sleep ASAP. I guess that's why he never wants to watch movies with me. I can't say that I blame him. But, right now, I don't care, I just want to sleep. I'm such a loser...

3 comments:

C said...

YOU ARENT A LOSER! STOP IT!
you deserve to catch up on sleep and prolly need it too! glad you are having great family/stud time....cenjpy this coming week...

Busy Bee Suz said...

The holidays absolutely exhaust me too...get all the sleep and rest you can. You have had some late nights.
Mindless TV is good for us. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David