LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "M"...

...as in "migraine." Mother-scratchin' migraine, to be exact. (I cleaned that up just for you, Suz. You're welcome.) I was awakened by the piercing, head-splitting pain at about 5 am, and it just got worse from there. This is probably one of the worst I've had in quite some time. It feels like someone stabbed me through the top of my head with a white-hot poker. My teeth hurt. My eye feels like it's going to burst. On the pain scale of 1-10, this is about a 9. I've been trying to stay in the dark, asleep, most of this afternoon. Dorky Dog actually just woke me up because he needed to go outside. Thankfully, it's dark outside now. When I crawled into bed several hours ago, it was VERY bright and sunny outside, which only made things worse. Now that I'm awake, maybe I should actually consider feeding my child. Hmmm.... Is pouring milk into a bowl of cereal acceptable?

4 comments:

M said...

Try letter "I" for Imitrex....knocks out a migraine in 20 minutes....believe me it has saved me many days running!

Katy said...

Ooooo - thinking good pain free thoughts for you!!!! Begone mother-scratching migraine!

C said...

awww cheech i am so sorry. jo suffers mindgrains as she calls them, too... have you ever tried plain old aspirin? 650mg it works cuz it opens up the lil blood vessels which will take the pressure off and hopefully relieve the pain.

i'd make and bring you homemade soup if i could...

feel better soon.

Gberger said...

Oh, I've heard those are TERRIBLE. I hope you have some good meds that kicked that pain to the curb. Poor girl! Yes, Stud can eat cereal just this once! =)