LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I love the way...

...the internet and modern technology has made the world so big and so small at the same time. The Blogosphere is an interesting and wonderful place. I guess some people (my Bestest Friend, for example...) would think it sounds strange for me to say I've made some awesome friends there! And, I really do think of these people as my friends.

Last year, because I was too lazy to bring in all my boxes of ornaments from the garage, my tree was a little sparse. But, then I had a brainstorm. I decided to put the Christmas cards I received on my tree as a cute way to display them, as well as an easy way to dress up my tree. This year, I decided to do the same thing, since it was so cute last year. This is what the tree looks like so far.What the hell does that have to do with my Bloggy Buddies, you ask? Well, look at who's dressing up my tree so far this year...

My friend Smiley's two furbabies, Wrigs and Chum.
Linds and LoLo, the two beautiful daughter of my friend, Suz.
The stunningly beautiful Gerstenberger Family.
Ok, this one isn't from a Bloggy Buddy, but I just had to share. This adorable card was send to me by my cousin and his boyfriend. About a year and a half or so ago they adopted these two adorable dachshunds, Max and Molly, who are senior puppies. If you can't actually see the card, be sure to click on it so it enlarges and you can read it. My cousin is a goofball!
It just occurred to me that the three Bloggy Buddies above are probably the three people who will love this card the most! But, you're all free to enjoy it. :)

I also received some holiday greetings from another Bloggy Buddy, Clippy Mat. But, sadly, she didn't put her pretty mug on the card, which is why I didn't show you the card. It's ok, Clippy, I already know how gorgeous you are!!

Let me reiterate the point of this post. Thanks to the magic of the interwebs, my circle of friends has expanded to include some awesome people that I never in a million years would have met otherwise. And, I'm ever so thankful that it has. I love my Bloggy Buddies! I truly think of you as my friends, even those I have yet to meet 'in real life.' I guess that's part of the beauty of the Blogosphere. You get such a deep, intimate look into people's lives (as deep and intimate as they'd like you to see) that you feel 'bonded,' despite never laying eyes on each other, never sitting in the same room, never chatting over a cup of coffee, etc. Your Bloggy Buddies help you see that you're 'normal,' and the crazy things that happen in your life happen in most people's lives, as well. Your Bloggy Buddies are there to offer words of encouragement and love when you need them. Your Bloggy Buddies give you a shoulder to cry on when you need it. Your Bloggy Buddies sometimes make you laugh hard enough to wet your pants (WHAT?!? I'm old and have a weak bladder!) You get the point. Let me say it one more time...I LOVE MY BLOGGY BUDDIES!!!

Oh, one more thing. My 'real life' friends, Jake and Leslie, are on an amazing journey right now, and could use some prayers. Click over and read all about it.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Putting the cards on your tree is an awesome idea.
I agree with you on all things concerning blog friends too!
I love your cousin's card...that is so cute. I had a dream the other night that I adopted a weiner dog too.

Gberger said...

I love this post, and it's not just because we're in it! =) What a great idea: your tree looks beautiful, and you really get to SEE the cards every day. BTW, we love your card - thank you!