LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 9

Thursday, December 9, 2010
What one thing are you often tempted to lie about? When do you think it's okay to lie?


I'm often tempted to lie about...jeez, let's see....so many things....

I know! The amount of television I actually watch. It's really kinda pathetic. I have a line up for every single night of the week. It's so very sad. I wish I had a life. Even on the nights that I miss my shows, I always watch them the next day online.

When do I think it's okay to lie? Hmmm....when it's harmless, I guess. "No, I don't mind doing that for you." "Yes, that IS the correct weight on my driver's license." "No, those pants don't make your butt look big." "Yes, I would LOVE to try your new recipe." You get the idea.

I didn't particularly like today's prompt. I hope tomorrow's is better. I wish you could see the prompts ahead of time. I could get a couple of posts finished ahead of time, plus give the answers a little more thought.

In the meantime, let me share the impromptu little dish I whipped together for dinner last night. Last week, I bought a big honkin' pack of chicken breasts at Sam's Club. But, because I had such a busy, busy weekend, I never did anything with it. So, when I came home from work on Monday, I decided I'd better either cook it or freeze it. I decided to cook it. I seasoned it and threw it all in my crockpot, and let it cook low and slow overnight. In the morning, I took it out of the crockpot, and put it in the fridge.

Last night, I was trying to think of what I could do with all this chicken, and decided to make a ring. Pampered Chef has a few of these "ring" recipes. Over the years, I've adapted several of the 'original' recipes to come up with some new ones. Yesterday, I shredded up a few breasts, put it in the dough, then sprinkled sharp cheddar over it. I really wanted to mix in some Sweet Baby Ray's (cuz I could drink that shit with a straw!) but I thought Stud didn't like it. I found out after I took it out of the oven that he DOES like it, so decided to put a little over the top. We both laughed because it made our dinner look like a dessert!

I couldn't get a decent picture of the inside (probably cuz I have a junky little camera!) so this'll have to do.
It would have been so much yummier if I had mixed the filling with some Sweet Baby Ray's. Next time...


5 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

creative lady!

Busy Bee Suz said...

So if I say I really like your recipe, will you think I am lying?
Watching TV is so not pathetic. Cause you and I are NOT pathetic.

M said...

I really don't watch TV so that wouldn't be a lie...but I could think of others! I have to fib a lot to the kinders....like, "Ohhhh I really like the bracelet!" -All made of paper and tape :)

Sandra said...

OMG you don't see the prompts! well good for you, I couldn't handle the pressure. It would feel too much like a quiz in school.
I've been reading your other posts too. I like that you specify "financial stability" and not "wealth." I would have been specifying "filthy richness!"...don't care if it's not a word!

jlo said...

I make that with shredded chicken, onion, celery, cheese, and cream cheese. To die for!