LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

YAY!

Guess who I had dinner with on Thursday. Go 'head, guess.

Yup, SUZ!!!!!

This is absolutely NOT my best photo, however, Suz looks just adorable in this photo as she does in person.

Suz is now the third Bloggy Buddy who I have had the pleasure of actually meeting in person. I don't know about you guys, but I consider my Bloggy Buddies my friends. Like friends friends. Every blog post I read is kinda like having a quick chat on the phone, where we get to catch up real quick on what's been going on in each others lives. When you've been reading someone's blog long enough, you get to know their personality, their sense of humor, their likes and dislikes, etc. Just like you do with your "real" friends.

Let me tell you, Ms. Busy Bee Suz is EXACTLY the same in "real life" as I knew she would be. And, before I forget to mention it, I LOVE HER!!!! I had SO much fun that night. There wasn't even one single second of hesitation or 'weirdness' when we met. It was like meeting up with an old friend. Our menfolk even hit it off. It was really special the way they ganged up on us girls. Good times, good times... ;-)

The night went by way too fast. It was like we were life-long friends, with so much to talk about, and laugh about. Man, did we laugh! (And, no, it had NOTHING to do with the wine or margaritas that kept arriving at our table. Shut up!) I just wish she and Coach had been here strictly for pleasure, and not for business, so that I could have spent more time with them. Unfortunately, it was a work/school night, so we had to cut the night short.

After we drove them back to their hotel, CSJ and I immediately both started talking about what a great time we had, and what wonderful people they are. He said, "Now, how do you know her again?"

I said, "She's one of my Bloggy Buddies."

"And, what, you guys met up the last time she was here or something?"

I just laughed, and said, "NO, this is the first time we've met!"

He was so surprised, since he said we carried on like long-lost friends.

I will definitely be seeing Suz and Coach again. Probably when I randomly show up at her doorstep one day. CSJ has been wanting to visit the area where they live for a while, so it just may happen sooner than Suz is ready for. (Did you hear that Suz?! Don't answer your front door without looking out first!!)

Here are a couple of funny things Suz and I have in common. We are both a bit vertically challenged. We both could eat Mexican food every single day. We both have children in college. We are both devastatingly beautiful.

We both started dating our husbands in 1985. You know, when we were in preschool. Neither one of us were officially proposed to. We both got married in 1991.

January 19, 1991

May 25, 1991

We've all aged quite gracefully, wouldn't you say?
Thanks, Suz and Coach, for such a wonderful evening of laughs and great conversation. We can't wait to do it again.

17 comments:

jo.irish.rose said...

Oh cheech!!! I'm sooo happy you met suz!!! How fun!!!

But on a downer note, are you sitting down? It's bad news. My sissy is in the hospital again. I found out last night. Her middle son Alex is here with me also. She was having chest pain again so her boss took her to the ER. They admitted her. She found out today she may have had another heart attack PLUS her aortic valve is bad. They aren't going to do anything until Monday morning. Then they will do a heart cath, echo cardiogram on her. I will wait for those results to decide if I need to go out there. Depending on the results, they may need to do open heart surgery. We won't know until then. I will keep you all posted. She does have Internet access there. She has a tablet and her phone if you want to call her. If you need her phone number, let me know and i will email it to you. Sorry to send you bad news when you had such a great weekend. Please pray that all goes well, I am soooo worried for her. She is beside herself about her work and her finances too. Poor lil thing. Thanks!!!!

Mike said...

Meeting other bloggers is fun! I've met a couple and it was always a good time!

M said...

Oh I am jealous! How fun...I have met a few bloggy friends but there are more to meet!

Have a great weekend!

Pissedoffteacher said...

I know the feeling. I've felt the same way when I met Richocet and another blogger from Calgary. Hope to meet you one day too.

Clippy Mat said...

I was just about to say I was so very jealous. You lucky things, getting together like that.
then I read about our other bloggy buddy Chris, and I feel so bad for her.
Wow.
hope all is well with her and who knows maybe we can ALL meet up one of these days.
there's something to look forward to.
:D

dkuroiwa said...

OH. EM. GEEEEE!!!!
and oh so very jealous over here!! I absolutely LOVE meeting blogging friends...and now, when i say, "i'm meeting friends in the States", my family here is like "friend friends, or net friends??" (^-^)

so....now that you have actually met her and the Coach, when we just happen to stop by her place, she'll be even more cool about it.
cool.
i like that!!!
{{hugs}} to the both of you!!!

Jessica Ferguson said...

What a WONDERFUL post. I smiled the entire time I read it. :) And loved the pics!

Gberger said...

HOORAY! It can work, and it is good! I love that you all met and hit it off. God bless you and your friendship, IRL and online!

Busy Bee Suz said...

If you said one more nice thing about me....I was gonna throw up. But then again, I suppose you could have found a few more good things. :)
It was so much fun...the highlight of our trip. Jeff and I both enjoyed our dinner with you and the MR. You were so much fun...just as I knew you would be.


BTW: Can I just copy this entire post and put it on my blog? LOL...I'm so behind in my reading, (107 posts on my reader) haven't had time to write anything.

xoxox

C said...

I #m so jealous too, we will all eventually meet and I agree we have found some true, very wonderful friends via da blog. Someone will let you know about my tests, prolly jojo. Miss n love ya' toots...

Liz Mays said...

Suz is on my bucket list. I adore her, and I adore Chicago. How much fun that the two of you met, and I'm not surprised that the conversation flowed as freely as it did. What a blast!

Dawn said...

popping over from suz' blog :) i am so glad you two got to meet! she keeps giving me a hard time about finding blog friends to meet up with and now she is catching up! she is one of a kind :)

Stephanie said...

So incredibley awesome! I just can't believe two of my fave blogging ladies got to meet and maybe more then that....that your men folk were up for the meet and greet!
I'm not at all jealous ")

Funny in My Mind said...

I almost met one of my bloggy friends once. I saw almost because she was passing through my town (she is 2 hours away) and stopped at our restaurant to say hi. The manager called me to tell me she was there but I was up to my ears in housework and they were only there a minute. Today I barely got Z out because I have such horrible cramps and a million things to do this week. I am over it. I appreciate you participating with me. It was fun. And then it wasn't. And now it's done.

Mark said...

Stop posting on the f*(^#@*@ weekend! I almost missed this post because of that. I love you and I love Suz. I'm so sad that I wasn't there. You hate the Gays, don't you?
m.

Vicki/Jake said...

Hi CHI! I'm sure that means CHIcago but it's also my fav thing to sip on. You know, CHI tea...
Anyway, I'm here from SUZ's and you just got a new follower:) But dang! You're makin me prove I'm not a robot! That just means I'll read more than comment.... Gald you two met up, Suz is a hoot:) I have a blogger friend in DE that I've visited more than once and it's a six hour flight! When we first met, we felt like long lost sisters. Blogging is the best!

jlo said...

Jealous!!!