LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I know you've been on the edge of your seat...

...waiting to see the video from last weekend's cheerleading competition. Far be it from me to keep you in suspense any longer!

The day of the competition, I really didn't get to 'watch' them perform, since I was too busy trying to take this incredibly shaky, nausea-inducing video. I was switching back and forth from watching my camera to watching the floor, and really not 'seeing' any of it. Plus, my sister and I were talking and whatever. But, after I downloaded to my computer last night, I watched it for the first time, and thought, "Wow, they really WERE good!" And, I laughed out loud at the coach. Did you catch that move at the end of the video? Think she was a little excited? I suppose that's why they won FIRST PLACE!!

I was a nervous wreck that whole day, watching all the different groups perform. Every single time they threw some little girl up in the air, my stomach would clench. It was awful. And, obviously none of them are my daughters, so could you imagine if it were MY child?! Luckily for me, my niece is NOT one of the girls who gets tossed around, as she's much too big for that. She's nearly 5'7" already, and she's only in 8th grade. One of her besties (who I love!) gets tossed, though, and it scares me to death. Aren't they cute?These two are pretty cute, too!I was laughing at my niece all day because she had her ponytail pulled SO tight, it was pulling the corners of her eyes up. She looked like she had a really bad face lift. I called her Joan (as in Rivers!) but she didn't get it, of course.

As much as I'd love to keep boring you with the minutia of my life, my sister just called and somehow talked me into taking her AND my mother to Sam's Club. Just shoot me now. Even though it's only 11:30, and just KNOW this is going to make me late for my date tonight. Ugh.

3 comments:

jlo said...

I always wanted to be a cheerleader! I didn't want to be tossed in the air...just really wanted the cute outfit!

dkuroiwa said...

i was a cheerleader when i was in high school and i was always the one tossing....or holding someone...or standing with someone sitting or standing on my shoulders. ~~sigh~~ just once.....;-)

i loved the video....here in japan there are some VERY serious (in a slightly scary way!) cheerleading groups...they get spotlighted about twice a year on national tv...the competition is almost too intense to watch! incredible stuff. the boys will ask: "mommy...did you do that?"
Me: ........sure. exactly like that!
hahahahaha!!!

your niece is a doll, by the way.
joan. hahahaha!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

WOW, they are freakin' awesome. So in-sync. (not like the band, you know beter!)
Loved seeing the coach get so excited...wondering why my Coach does not do that type of jump??? :)
The girls are so cute.
I am thinking that perhaps I need a nice TIGHT pony tail too.