LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Finally! A prompt!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 Who was your best friend when you were 10? Did you still know him or her when you were 20?

My best friend when I was 10 is my friend Lynn, who became my best friend when I was 5 years old. Wow, that was a LONG time ago!!! (I mentioned her here before on her birthday.) And, yes, I did still know her when I was 20. And now that I'm 40-something, I STILL know her, and consider her my oldest and dearest friend. Holy crap! I just realized that her daughter, my goddaughter, my FIRST goddaughter (I now have 3 of them, and a godson) is going to be 25 this summer! Holy crap! And, it just occurred to me that she's going to be the age I was when I had Stud. And, I had already been married for 3 years. Wow. In my mind, she's still that adorable little girl who was my flower girl almost 20 years ago!

It was another late night tonight, as I had more errands to run after school, including hitting the teacher store. For the second day in a row, I left the house without a lunch, so needless to say, I was STARVING by the time I got home at about 7. How wrong is that while I was making something quick for dinner (pasta) I ate 4 of these:(They were leftover from the holidays, so they had red filling. It makes me cringe just typing that!)

I then stuffed my face with a big bowl of that penne (at least it was whole wheat!), and finished with 7 of these:
(I know that's a weird number, but that's how many Double Chocolate Meltaways that were left from a gift my neighbor sent us for Christmas. It's really hard to resist World's Finest. Yet one more reason Chicago rocks!!)

Now here comes the real kicker. All of the above happened while I watched the season premier of The Biggest Loser. What the HELL is it about this show that makes me want to stuff my face while I watch it? It's absolutely ridiculous. It's pretty clear that I'M the biggest loser....

6 comments:

Just Plain Tired said...

When I was a kid we moved so often I know no one I knew then now before the age of about 12.

Clippy Mat said...

When I watch the biggest loser I usually like to eat chips 'n dip.
Is that wrong?
:-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I eat while watching TBL and I drink wine while I watch Celebrity rehab and Intervention. So what? :)

Glad you still have your life long friend...that is so sweet.

Stephanie said...

LOL Oh I'm sorry but this post had me giggling. I did the EXACT same thing:) Guess we are tied for biggest loser!

M said...

I can't buy Oreos...I love them...not the creamy middle but the outsides...and I can eat a row for dinner like no one else's business!

It was 37 degrees when I rode my bike to work...couldn't find my fingered bike gloves so I toughed it...stupid me....thank goodness for red lights so I could put my fingers under my jacket to numb the pain!

Happy Wednesday!

C said...

hahahaha i love that you ate all this whilst watching biggest loser!!!

yes, i have one friend from childhood in ct. sheila, and i just found her again on facebook last year! she is still a cutie! her daughter just had a baby girl..