LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have about a minute to spare...

...before missing my midnight deadline for today's post! Holy moly! I just walked in the door from a hair appointment at my friend's salon. I have a feeling I'm going to be crying in the next day or two, because she cut about 4-6" off my hair. She blew it out and straightened it, so right now, it still looks long. But, once I wash it, and it's curly, I know I'm going to really see how short it is, and I think I'm going to be upset.

I knew this was going to happen because in less than a week, at least 6 people have commented on how long my hair has grown since they've last seen me. Last week, the nurse at Stud's doctor's office said, "Oh, wow! I didn't even recognize you! Your hair is SO long!" Just this afternoon, I had to take the babies down for hearing/vision tests, and one of the testers pretty much said the same thing. I only see her once a year, when she comes to do testing, so I guess she would notice it even more than most people.

I've been trying to grow my hair out for YEARS, so I had a feeling my friend was going to end up cutting it tonight. I just didn't expect her to have to cut SO much. I know I sound like a 14 year old, whiny little baby. But, my hair is just about the only thing I have going for me, so I try to do what I can to keep it looking nice. I was actually pleasantly surprised on the night of the dance that it actually didn't look half bad. In the picture I posted from that night (at 4am!) you can see how long it had gotten. If I remember, I'll post another one this week so you can see how short it is now. :( Ok, go ahead, tell me to shut the hell up, and stop acting like a baby. I deserve it.

9 comments:

C said...

i timed you cheech.


and that was waaaaay more than a minute.


as they always tell me, it'll grow back. but thats no comfort as i'm sobbing... and who the fuck are THEY, anywaz.. they made an appearance on my sissy's blog tonite, too.

bastards.

Maria said...

'Tis true: IT WILL GROW BACK.

I used to have hair so long that I routinely put it in a braid down my back just to get it out of my way. Now, it is a shorter and I truly love it. I feel gamin and elfish.

Let your inner elf girl come out....:)

Gberger said...

I would not tell you that. Hair is important to us - our "crowning glory," as Rebecca Wells uses it in her latest book, and it is part of our self-image. It can take a bit of time to get used to a big change; the good news is, IT GROWS BACK!
Maybe you should post a photo - I'll bet it looks very nice indeed. I'm getting mine cut short again tomorrow.

Susan said...

Um, hello?? Flat iron anyone???

Busy Bee Suz said...

I bet it looks super cute.
Long hair is not all 'that'...but healthy hair is. :)
Ok, stop whining now and share a picture.

M said...

Ohhh...I know how much it sucks to have a bad haircut! I went in before Xmas and told the lady exactly what I wanted...and she didn't cut enough...so when I woke up my hair stuck straight up...so I went back and had it cut shorter and it doesn't stick up...and what matters most is that I like it :)

May your hair grow fast!!

M said...

Did I ever tell you my hair was well past my shoulder when my daughter was dx w/cancer...and I shaved my head...we all did...but it grew back really cute...and it was fun to cut it a bunch of different ways as we chopped it off before shaving.

Red Stethoscope said...

Oh no! No judgment! As a long-haired girl, I feel your fear about these things. Can't wait to see the picture (it's probably not as bad as you think and if it is, we will still love it/you anyway). :)

Clippy Mat said...

meh, long hair's overrated. i bet you will like it in a week or so.
i'll check back. ;-)