LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Does this count?

Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's the biggest lie you ever told?

I don't know if this is technically a lie, or more of an omission....

I never told my family (or anyone, for that matter) when I threw CSJ out of my house. It was very easy to keep it on the 'down low' because, at the time, he still was on the job, so anytime I showed up somewhere alone, it was just assumed that he was working or sleeping. He always worked afternoons or nights (never days) so it was completely plausible. And, there were LOTS of things he did come to (family parties, etc.) so nobody ever had a clue. I was able to keep it to myself for about 2 1/2 years.

The only reason my mother, and subsequently the rest of the family, found out was because one day, she and CSJ were ganging up on my (ok, teasing me mercilessly, same thing!) and I blew my top and just spewed the whole story. It was killing me to have her siding with him about ANYTHING, and I lost it. Right there in my mother's driveway, at the top of my lungs. Then, I whipped my wedding rings (which I had continued to wear as part of the charade) across her lawn and into her bushes. Yeah, definitely one of my prouder moments....

After we left, my mother went out and looked on her hands and knees for all three of my rings. I really did/do love those rings, so I'll forever be thankful to her for doing that. I had a whole plan laid out with CSJ in regards to those rings. He would never have had to come up with any ideas for 'big' gifts for me, as I already told him what to get. I purposely never had my rings soldered because I wanted to be able to mix and match to get different looks. I suppose I should explain what the hell I'm talking about.

My wedding set. (PLEASE ignore the ugly, old, pudgy, wrinkled hand!!! What the hell happened to me since I first put that engagement ring on back on St. Patrick's Day 1986?!)

I love all three of these rings. Like I said, I got the engagement ring in March of 86. The ring on top was my first (dating) anniversary gift, and the band on the bottom is my wedding band.

Now, on to the rest of the rings. I thought it would be really cool to also have a solitaire emerald (my birthstone) to wear interchangeably with the diamond solitaire.
I also thought it would be nice to have a band that had alternating diamonds and emeralds.
Why not a new "V" with alternating stones?
Then I could were them both together.
I also wanted a band with all emeralds.
And all of those combinations could be done with the emerald solitaire, too. :)


(I almost wish Stud had never shown me how to use Paint! I'm such a geek!)

I love my rings so much, that over the years, I've often thought about wearing them on my right hand as a cocktail ring. But, I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't know what to do with them, so they've been sitting in a box, in a basket, in a cabinet in my kitchen, for over 13 years now. There have been lots of times I've thought about just selling them, but I just couldn't. I don't think I can pass them on to Stud, either, to give to some girl MANY years from now. I know it sounds silly, but I feel they're kinda cursed. They definitely don't have good karma attached to them. I wouldn't want Stud to pass on the bad vibes to a woman he loves and wants to spend his life with, ya know?

So, what do you guys think? Comments, questions, suggestions...I'll take them all!

10 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

If they make you happy, that is all that counts! And, they are very pretty.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The rings are beautiful...but I don't think they should be passed down. How about making a pendent for necklace??
ps. I love emeralds AND diamonds too.

Sarahf said...

They are really pretty. Keep them, wear them as a cocktail ring, lots of people do that, don't they?

Gberger said...

I agree with Suz. You can re-make them, or go to a wholesaler and trade them for something completely new, with no CSJ associations. I've traded in some old stuff that had bad karma for new things and NEVER looked back.

Sandra said...

Just keep wearing them as much as you want. It's jewellery. And nowadays the trends don't dictate that wearing your rings on your left hand mean anything. If they bring you pleasure, then why not.

M said...

Hahahha, I love the green stones! There's a place where you can go, take the stones out and pound the hell outa those rings...then melt them down and make something you want...curse be gone!

Happy FRIDAY!!!
Off to the kindergarten conference- NO SCHOOL for 4 days!!

C said...

they are very pretty cheech.. and if they make you happy, that's all that matters... i would have to say too that if you feel they have bad karma, have them made into something else.. with the stones...

Susan said...

Apparently the new trend is the, "right hand ring." It symbolizes independence and the ability to choose for ourselves what we want. You've already done that! Switch the rings to your right hand or have a humongous gorgeous new ring made out of the gold and stones for the neglected side of your body.

jo.irish.rose said...

i think they are gorgeous. one day, you may change your mind. my mom was divorced and i got married with her rings. we are going on 30 years now. i don't think vibes or karma is passed on. you have such a good heart and if stud find the love of his life, and you feel the same for her, you will know. but start small, and maybe give one ring first, and then at a milestone give another, etc. or you can do like the others say and make something new out of them all. or just keep them close to your heart. they are wonderful pieces and never lose value. keep them safe. i got some wonderful jewels this year. i never got anything of value except my moms rings when we got married. my hubby never really bought me anything. this year i got several birthstone/diamond pieces, and a diamond ring. i love them and wear them all the time now. lol but my kids will get them one day. cant take it with you!!! lol

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

The ring is awesome....I like the emerald solitare idea.

Good for you for kicking him out. More women need to step up to the plate.