LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A few details and pics...

So, we started the evening at the new Italian restaurant I told you about yesterday. We were NOT disappointed. LOVED it!! As a matter of fact, we plan to go back later this week with my parents. We ended up having a little extra time to linger over our meal because I thought the dance started at 7, but it actually started at 7:30. We even let ourselves have dessert. It was so nice to not have to rush through our meal. We really were able to enjoy each other's company. We left the restaurant around 7:20, and headed down the street to the school.

As soon as we arrived at the dance, we all jumped in the line to have our 'official' Mother/Son portrait taken in the library. The hallway that leads to the library is where we all had to stand in line, and as soon as you turn the corner, there is a display case that the art teacher uses to showcase student projects. Look at whose project was front and center!

We did not take even ONE nice photo together last night!! WTH?! I really hated the one we took with the photographer, so I'm not even posting it. Let's see, if you ignore my fluorescent-green gum (that makes me look like a cow chewing its cud), Stud's half-closed eyes (that make him look drunk), and one of his besties trying to get into the picture (with those crazy eyes!) this one is only half bad. :(
Here's the same goofball in his own picture.Stud's #1 Bestie.
Stud's other bestie. Funny story here...some of you may recognize him, since he's been in lots of the photos I've posted here. I don't know if I mentioned that he changed schools this year, so he no longer goes to school with Stud and his other 2 besties. Because of that, I don't get to see him nearly as much as I used to, which makes me sad. I may or may not have mentioned to Stud that we should try to sneak him into the dance. Long story short, here he is! Can you tell how excited I was to see him?One of the Brothers who works at the school very quickly became a favorite of our boys. Brother McGovern was new to the school last year, and became involved in drama club, which is how the boys became so close to him. He is at just about all school functions, which the boys really enjoy.
After I took this picture, Br. McGovern (or Bro, as the boys very affectionately refer to him) said he wanted to take a professional picture with the group, and took them all off to the library. He then came back a little while later with a copy for each boy. So sweet!!

I post about the Mother/Son Dance would not be complete without the obligatory "dip" photo!
The boys came back from taking their photo with Bro with pieces of 'caution' tape tied all over them. (They had used it to mark off the area for the photographer in the library.) One had a piece tied around him like a Miss America sash. A couple had it tied like Rambo headbands. One had it like a belt. You get the picture. They are so goofy!

After the dance, we went bowling. AFTER we arrived at the bowling alley, one of the boys said, "Hey, we should have asked Bro to come with us!" Well, DUH!! We quickly called him to see if he'd like to join us, and I ended up running back to the school to pick him up.

Look at the motley crew I had to bowl with!
This kid never stops cracking me up!!
Just for the record, we played Moms vs. Boys, and we kicked their asses BIG time!!!

After bowling, we all headed over to one of Stud and my favorite restaurants, since we were all starving. I was afraid Bro would want to go home first, since we didn't finish bowling until 1 am, but he was up for some grub, so we headed off for The View. Like I said, this our favorite restaurant, so we were not disappointed. By the time we all finished eating, and I drove Bro back to school, it was around 3:30. We also made a quick pit stop to drop my long-lost son's car (well, his mom's car) at his house because he was going to come back and spend the night at our house. Stud's other friend was going to spend the night, too. That was decided when we finished bowling. Since it was 1am, his mom was too tired to come eat with us, so I offered to keep him, and bring him home today.

Like I said in the last post, the boys pretty much passed out before 4 am. I woke up around 9, and believe it or not, Stud was the first of the 3 boys to get up (around 1), which NEVER happens! Usually his friends have to wake him up. They decided at about 3:30, after playing a couple hours of XBox, that they were starving, so I made some scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and cinnamon raisin toast. I made a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, and a half a loaf of bread, and I kid you not, it was gone in less than 10 minutes! Teenage boys are amazing creatures. They washed it all down with about half a gallon of milk.

Shortly after they ate, it was time to drive the boys home, and hunker down to watch the Golden Globes, which is just starting. I hate to leave you so abruptly, but I can't wait to see what Ricky Gervais has up his sleeve for this year. I was able to write this during the Red Carpet portion, which I don't really care about, but now the good stuff is coming.

Just in case you have no life, and want to see the whole album of photos from last night, go here.

4 comments:

Sarahf said...

A Mom and Son dance is such a good idea. I've never heard of one before. Seems like you guys had a great time!

C said...

it looks like you all had such fun!!! you are gorgeous cheech... even with yo green fillings!! lmao...

and i just love that stud's art is the main attraction... he deserves it!

i love how you love his friends... i'm like that too.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the photos...you look great even with the nuclear power gum!!!
I love these boys, they are our future and it looks BRIGHT!
What a fun night for you all, so cool that the school has this function and that you guys make an entire day out of it.

Gberger said...

You and your son have such a great relationship. Not all moms are so welcome with their kids and kids' friends. You are doing something very right, m'dear.
He is adorable (handsome, warm, has so much fun & character in his eyes) - gee, I wonder how that happened? You two are a great pair. I'm so happy that you both agree to intentionally share - and savor - these times together.