LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Do you hear that?

It's the sound of the wind being let out of my sails.

So, I was very rudely awakened this morning at 5:30am by Dorky Dog. After I let him out, I decided to shoot BH a quick email. I have not been able to stop wondering what's been going on with him since we last spoke. Ok, truth be told, I wanted to know if he finally got divorced or not.

In the email, I told him about the last time I spoke to our friend, and that the friend told me he was going through a divorce. I told him I hoped it hadn't been a messy, drawn out affair, and that I hoped he was happy now.

I kept the rest of the email pretty short, mentioning the BIG GAME this afternoon, asking him how work was going, etc.

When I checked my email later, I saw that there were two emails from him in my inbox. One was sent at 8:30, one at 10:30. The first email was a reply to my email. Here's where it goes downhill - he's still married. God almighty, I could NOT feel like a bigger idiot!!!

He also told me that he has a 7 year old daughter. Now, THAT was really a shock because our friend NEVER mentioned that he had a child. I don't know why he wouldn't have said anything. Like I said, we last spoke about 3 years ago, so obviously BH's daughter was born already.

He also told me some things about his job, and then closed the email by saying he looked forward to my call.

The email that he sent two hours later was a picture of his daughter. Nothing else, just the picture attached to a quick note - my daughter kathy.

Of course, his daughter is GORGEOUS! She looks just like her daddy. Actually, she looks a lot like her auntie. BH had a younger sister and a younger brother. His sister and I were close friends in high school. I think she was rooting harder than I was that we would end up together. She used to tease him about me all the time, and she would tell me little embarrassing things about him just to bug him. (for example, she used to tease him, in front of me, about having our Homecoming picture on his dresser so that it was the first thing he saw every morning and the last thing he saw every night. Typical little sister stuff.)

It seems this is yet one more chapter of my life that I need to close. Yes, I know I can still call him to catch up on the past 25 years, but why? Yes, we could still be friends, I suppose. But, truthfully, I don't think I'm mature enough for that. Right now, I can't get past my inner 17 year-old. She wants to go pout somewhere. I think for now, I'm gonna let her...

6 comments:

Sarahf said...

Bugger, that wasn't what anyone was hoping for, was it? At least you found out and now you can make your next choice. I'm still rooting for you!

jo.irish.rose said...

im sooo sorry! how did your friend get his details all mixed up? you want me to beat him up? i know a guy....

that is really a crapper downer cuz you let yourself feel like there might be a chance and then they arent even divorced!!! i can call my guy friend and have a hit ....nevermind.....shhhhhhh you didnt hear that.

cheech, well, i am going to go pout with you. can i stomp my foot too and yell? DANG IT ALL!!!

you go yell and scream and feel better. let us know tomorrow the damage to the house, k? its ok, punch whatever, except stud or the doggies. xxxxxooooo

Liz Mays said...

I think there are a few in my past that I wouldn't be ready to communicate with either, but that was awkward that he wasn't divorced! Yikes!

Busy Bee Suz said...

whoops.
And with the divorce rate up so high, this guy had to fight it????
On to bigger and better things then.
But first, pout. I would too.
xoxoxo

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I'm sorry about the downer. :( You deserve an awesome guy!!! Sometimes that seems so elusive.

jlo said...

So, why did your friend think he was divorced? Let's get to the bottom of that, shall we? Then, I still think you should call and catch up. Couldn't hurt. ;)