LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

A stupid prompt deserves a stupid post...

Friday, January 7, 2011
Write a post using the following words: oregano, football field, blackbird, hurricane, and loop.

One afternoon, Jack and Diane decided to smoke a little "oregano." So, they walked down to the football field, and sneaked under the bleachers. After they both had a little buzz going, Diane noticed a blackbird flying erratically around the field. They both stepped out from behind the bleachers just in time to see a hurricane coming, which really threw them for a loop, since they lived in the middle of Iowa.

I apologize for making you read that. I'm really starting to have some serious second thoughts about doing NaBloPoMo for January. These prompts have been awful. Maybe I should just go back to what I did the first month, and write about whatever I want, as long as I post every day.

I actually had a Hell-Hole post all written in my head, but since I didn't get on the computer to post until nearly midnight, I'm going to save it for tomorrow when I'm not so exhausted.

4 comments:

M said...

So, new take on Mellencamp's little ditty about Jack and Diane? LOL...Happy Weekend!

C said...

i think you did a fabulous job using those words! just write what YOU want... although i have enjoyed what you've written using prompts..

jus sayin...

Mamie said...

Yes, definitely write about whatever you want - it's way more interesting! I'm looking forward to the hell-hole post... having escaped a similar hell-hole in a large urban district a few years ago, I sympathize!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Jack and Diane? Oy vey!