LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What a day!

NOT the kind of day you want to have after a wonderful three-day weekend. I got three, count 'em, THREE new students this morning!!! WTF?!!? Last week, Dori had two kids put back in her room that had transfered out earlier in the year. For some reason, when this happens (and it happens quite often with our VERY transient population) they always put the child back in the room they were in originally. Well, that put her at 30 students. I, however, only had 27. (Only - HA!) I knew I had one that was transfering out as of last Friday, so Dori and I decided I would take the last two kids that were put in her room, and then we'd each have 28. Still WAY too many in a kindergarten class, but at least it was fair. Well, wouldn't you know it, at about 9:30, here comes a mom with her daughter. Another new student. This mom also has a son who was put into Dori's class. And, no, they're not twins. Well, some would say they're "Irish twins." They were born 10 months apart, so they're both in kindergarten. Mom also had two more little ones with her, who looked like they could be twins, but mom said no. Another set of Irish twins! Crazy!!

Speaking of crazy, Dori let the Big Cheese know last week about our situation. She was simply looking for a little support. Instead, she got insults and put-downs. He really is the most unprofessional person I've ever encountered. I wish I could put the actual email here that he sent back to Dori. I'll work on that for tomorrow. In the meantime, check out her post about it. On a side note, Dori will definitely be leaving me next year. She accepted a position at a charter high school for next school year. I'm so very happy for her, but I am going to miss her something fierce!! Her leaving is the kick in the butt I needed, however, to seriously do something about leaving the Hell-Hole. As a matter of fact, she keeps volunteering to update and send out my resume!! That's why I LOVE her!!
Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life. ---unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
miss r said...

I'm so honored to be one of your labels Ms. L. haha

send. me. your. resume. now.