LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

She likes me! She really, really likes me!


I got an award today! Funny in My Mind awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks, Bloggy Buddy!

It's especially great that she gave me this today, cuz now I have something to post about. The freakin' NaBloPoMo prompt STILL isn't up for today. WTF?!

According to the Kreativ blogger rules, accepting the award includes the following:

1. Thanking the blogger who nominated me to receive the award and providing a link back to their blog.
2. Sharing 10 things about yourself that bloggers might find interesting!
3. Nominate 6 other bloggers to receive the award and inform them.

10 Things About Me

1. I am in a completely different place now than I was when I started this little blog over 4 years ago. Some of it is for the worst, but most of it is for the better.

2. As much as it broke my heart when I found out my brother was going to be a father, I could NOT possibly love my new niece any more than I do. Well, I suppose most of you already know that, huh? It's not like I post about her much.... ;-)

3. My year with my exchange student, Brian, is quickly coming to an end. His mom is arriving from Hong Kong on Tuesday, and he'll be staying with her at her hotel until they leave on Saturday morning. I know this makes me a royal bitch, but I can't wait. I'm sure I'll feel differently in a week or so after he's gone, when I have time to really think about things, but right now, I'm REALLY sick of having two teenaged boys in my house!

4. I have never been this fat in my life. That's all I'm going to say about that for now.

5. My in-laws are very quickly becoming "old." My FIL, especially. As of late, my life has become all about driving from one doctor's appointment to another. This week has been especially rough. It makes me feel a bit guilty that I've been doing so much for them lately, when I don't do the same for my own parents. I try to remind myself that my parents are not in their 80s like my in-laws, and they really don't need me like that yet. Still, I feel guilty.

6. I don't ever wear makeup. Granted, I probably SHOULD, and lots of it, but I don't.

7. I seem to be the only one in the family NOT going to Italy this summer. Yeah, my mom's not all that thrilled with me, but she'll just have to get over it.

8. I'm REALLY having trouble coming up with TEN interesting things here! I've done so many of these, I don't think there's anything you guys don't already know about me!

9. I always thought I'd have three sons. Obviously I don't, but it's what I always wanted. That's probably why I love Stud's friends so much, and treat them like my own.

10. In 4 short weeks, I will officially be unemployed. I heard you gasp from here. Now, you'll just have to wait for the scoop. ;-)

Ok, I know I'm supposed to pick 6 people, but before you start to panic, you can just relax. I'm not picking anyone. If you want to do it, great, I'd love to read it!


9 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Ugh! You have to leave us like that!!!! I'm hoping this post is planned for tomorrow!!!!!

Pissedoffteacher said...

Got to know what is up with the job!!! Hope things work out for you.

Clippy Mat said...

Love it. Love to read ten things about you. I knew some of them but not ALL so that's interesting.
Waiting for the scoop on the job front... hmmm what can it be?
#6 What? NO make up EVER? I could NOT do that. EVER!
good post Cheech.
x

M said...

WoW...that's a lot of info.
TGIF!

M said...

Thanks for turning off that code b.s. :)

Funny in My Mind said...

Since I only recently started reading your blog, I wanted to get to know you better! This was a great start. At some point, I want to read from the beginning. No pressure on me, right?

Gberger said...

You are SO kind not to pick anyone else - just think, a teacher not giving homework!
I did learn some new things from that list. I have questions about the exchange student experience, the unemployment, the makeup...but I'm not assigning that as homework! Just think of these as ideas for days when you don't like the NOPROBLEMO (or whatever it's called) prompts.

Mark said...

In four weeks you'll be unemployed? I just assumed that you would take the normal 6 weeks off for maternity leave and then return. Found a sugar-daddy huh?
m.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love commenting after Mark!
I do hope the reason for not going to Italy is because you have a new job lined up???? Maybe????
I know this is a big change coming up, but I really really hope it ends up being positive for you.
Two teenage boys....I can't image the state of the toilet area.
xoxo