LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 28, 2012

I had to do it...

I turned my air conditioner on today. Today. May 28. Memorial Day.

That's the earliest I've EVER turned on my air. I am NOT happy right now.

However, apparently we broke all kinds of records today here in Chicago. The 10:00 news just reported that today was the hottest Memorial Day on record here. Great. Just great.

It's actually been hotter the past week or so than it was today. I still held out, and just cranked the fans. But, this afternoon, as I sat in a puddle of my own sweat, trying to pretend I wasn't, I noticed that my thermostat said it was 94 in my house. Ninety-freakin'-four. I took an ice-cold shower. Less than 5 minutes after drying off I was drenched again. (Ok, I'm sorry, I realize that's just gross.)

I had to do it. I had to close the windows and click the air on. I am NOT happy right now.

7 comments:

Kathy G said...

Not sure what your forecast is, but here in St. Louis (not too far from you) it's supposed to cool off tomorrow, and be nice through the weekend.

Melanie said...

You KILL me! My air comes on the first day it's over 70. Now, I can let the cold seep in until I awaken to blue fingers and lips, but I absolutely cannot operate in the heat. If you asked me to pick my favorite invention of all time, it would always be the AC. I would take it over computers, Internet, phones, anything. Because none of those things can be enjoyed unless I am cool as a cucumber. So, good for you for saving on power and all that, but even better for you that you are now on the track to recovery!

Funny in My Mind said...

I can vouch for Mel. Her house is always cold. Always. Cold. Like see your breath cold.
Me, I like the heat. I like a cool room to sleep though. Our air has gone on and off since March when it was in the 90's for a week.

Sonya Ann said...

I turned it on too! I also had the pump for the pool on. KILLS ME!

Mary A. said...

There is nothing like Hot in Chicago. I live in South Texas and we are hot a lot. But it's NOTHING like August in Chicago.

And to have August in Chicago in MAY? That sux

Busy Bee Suz said...

Would you please kiss my butt?
Our a/c has been on since January.
ughhh.

Unknown said...

I believe the aircon had to do its task during the hottest days. It’s hard to deal with heat waves and we should be thankful that you’ve had an efficient aircon unit that time. Years have passed already. I hope you’re still using an efficient aircon to lessen the heat in your house. How are you now? :)

Terry Williams