LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

50 Things

Ok, here's a little something I lifted from my Bloggy Buddy, Funny in My Mind. (If you click on her link, then scroll down a little, you'll see her list.) I thought it would be a nice weekend post, and a good way to fulfill my daily NaBloPoMo obligation.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:15ish

2. How do you like your steak? medium-well

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I honestly don't remember. I know it was over a year ago, though. I'm NOT a fan of going to the movies. Mostly because I'm too much of a bitch. I can NOT stand people talking during a movie, or eating loudly, or kicking my seat, etc. Plus, the smell of movie theater popcorn nauseates me a bit.

4. What is your favorite TV show? Wow, too many to choose from! Desperate Housewives, Once Upon a Time, Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser, Modern Family, The Middle, Grey's Anatomy, The Practice, Shark Tank, What Would You Do?...wow, I need help, don't I?

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Hmmm, this is a tough one. Seattle is HIGH on my list, but we've been talking a lot lately about moving to Indiana. We've also talked about going north, to someplace where the climate is nice and cool.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Just coffee so far. I'm feeling far too lazy to actually make anything yet.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? I could eat Mexican every single day.

8. What foods do you dislike? wow, that's a short list! Liver (or any kind of organ meat, for that matter!), eggplant, raisins (but if they're covered in chocolate, I can choke 'em down, I guess)

9. Favorite Place to Eat? my mother's house


10. Favorite dressing? chunky blue cheese, or oil & vinegar

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? I have a Honda CR-V, but I've been driving a Chevy Impala since Stud's accident, so that he can drive my car

12. What are your favorite clothes? sadly, any pants with elastic waists, and loose, blousy tops

13. Where would you visit, this weekend, if you had the chance? Seattle area, so I could visit Smiley Girl and Karen

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? usually half full

15. Where would you want to retire? Some place where the temperature stays between 65-75 ALL YEAR! (yes, I hear some of you screaming San Diego. I really need to get there to see for myself.)

16. Favorite time of day? VERY early morning (around 5ish) when the rest of the world is still asleep, and I can go sit out on my deck in the cool morning air, sipping my coffee and watching the sun come up

17. Where were you born? Chicago

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Chicago Cubs baseball

19. How many siblings? 1 sister, 1 brother

20. Favorite pastime/hobby? sleeping, reading, sleeping, eating, sleeping, blog reading, sleeping

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? anyone who's willing to take the time to do it!

22. Bird watcher? yes, sometimes. It's weird, I like to watch them from a distance, which is why I have a bird bath in both my front and back yards, and several bird feeders. However, birds COMPLETELY freak me out (damn you, Alfred Hitchcock!!) so I don't like them anywhere near me!

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I know I just said my favorite time of day is early morning, but I am NOT a morning person!!! I am not pleasant to be around in the morning when I first wake up and I have to go to work, etc. I'm always rushed, and running late, so I tend to have very little patience. Especially if I have to drive someone else to school, if you catch my drift. I am much more a night owl, I guess. Well, maybe I should say I used to be, since most days I can't stay awake past 8 pm anymore.

24. Do you have any pets? Dorky Dog (AKA, Buster) and my betta fish, who sadly, doesn't even have a name!

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I know I already let this cat out of the bag the other day, but as of June 16, I will officially be unemployed.

26. What did you want to be when you were little? a kindergarten teacher

27. What is your best childhood memory? wow, I have no idea where to start with this one, I have so many awesome memories. Most of the best ones involve being surrounded by my ENORMOUS Italian family, sitting around a table covered by delicious food, and the sound of laughter, music and singing in the air.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? dog

29. Are you married? well, technically, no

30. Always wear your seat belt? yes

31. Been in a car accident? yes, a few

32. Any pet peeves? holy crap, where do I start?! Rude people, people who chew with their mouths open, people who don't give a 'thank you wave' when you let them into traffic, people who don't hold the door for those behind them, bad drivers, lights left on for no reason, dirty dishes left in the sink when the dishwasher is TWO FEET AWAY, phone calls from solicitors, junk mail, people who talk during movies...eesh, I'd better stop!

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives

34. Favorite Flower? lilacs, petunias, roses

35. Favorite ice cream? chocolate peanut butter or mint chocolate chip

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy's

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? never

38. From whom did you get your last email? monster.com

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? sadly, Walmart. Oh, and Bed, Bath and Beyond, maybe Pier One

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? no, not really. Man, that's just sad...

41. Like your job? abso-fuckin-lutely not (not anymore, I should say)

42. Broccoli? YES. I had it for dinner :)

43. What was your favorite vacation? Last March, when Stud, CSJ and I went to Saugatuck, MI for a few days for spring break. It was the first trip we ever took as a family.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? my niece graduated this afternoon, so we all (my parents, my sister, her two daughters, her ex-husband, Stud and I [CSJ had to work :( ] went to dinner at one of her favorite restaurants

45. What are you listening to right now? the evening news

46. What is your favorite color? green

47. How many tattoos do you have? Hell-to-the-NO, none, never, not ever

48. How many people will fill this out? how the hell should I know?!

49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:09 pm

50. Coffee Drinker? um, duh! Can you say Keurig?!

5 comments:

M said...

Holy Smokes! For my 50th birthday I posted 50 Fun Facts about me...but that was over 25 or so days....that must've taken some time! I am right with you sista on the talking in movies and pet peeves...probably could add some more pages to it! And what don't I eat...yep, liver is tops on that list! Lived in San Diego for college...gets HOT without the hunid and FSC which is damp. Seattle is more what you would like I believe. Cool city too!

Happy Sunday NIght!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe you didn't tell us how your digestive system is working. What, that wasn't on the list?
Olives? Seriously? I'll have to re-think this friendship thing...

Gberger said...

Well done - there were some things in there I didn't know. I liked the photo of you MIL being surprised, and look forward to the others being posted.
Let us know if you are coming to Seattle...

Vicki/Jake said...

Over for a quick peek....man have I missed out on stuff. Good to know at least fifty things about you:)

Melanie said...

I think we might be connected from a former life. Many of your answers echo my own. I'm a night owl who loves the early morning - but only if I'm alone. Also, every one of your pet peeves are my own. I just detest rudeness and not being considerate toward others. And movie theaters are so hard for me. All those people and their smells and sounds and chair kicking and talking. I could literally go postal during a movie. In a movie, I like silence. And Junior Mints.