LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012

Monday, May 7, 2012
What sports did you play as a child?

Believe it or not, I DID play a sport as a child. I played softball! I was actually pretty good. Not at the level of Suz's daughter, but good. I had quite a powerful swing, and could hit it out of the park. Now, I didn't so much like the running that came immediately after that, but I dealt with it.

For those of you not in the know, softball is a HUGE thing here in Chicago. Years ago, my sister's then-husband sponsored a softball team that we all played on. It was a mixed league, so you needed to have a minimum number of women, which is how my sister suckered me into it. I agreed to bat, but my brother-in-law had to agree to be my pinch-runner. That's exactly what we did! It was actually a lot of fun. We sucked, but we didn't care. We only won one game that season, and that was only because it was by forfeit. Eh, whatever!

6 comments:

M said...

I loved softball....I played through college...and then I had a son- who played baseball...and I realized how girls are screwed! Throwing that big ass softball sucked after playing catch with a baseball...you can wing a baseball...if fits better in the hand and glove...in my next life I will play baseball.

Mark said...

I was just watching, again, A League of Their Own on AMC tonight. Next time I watch it, I'll think of you!
m.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I played softball as well and was a fairly good catcher until I started to overheat in the mask... then they stuck me in the outfield where I was much better at picking four-leaf clovers... I was however, the best cheerleader in the dugout and a new "sport" was found...

Busy Bee Suz said...

You needed the Coach to get some more wins in your season!!! You don't like to run??? who does?? It is work running those legs of ours!

jo.irish.rose said...

Hey you!!! Just an update on our little Chris!!! The surgeons came in, they left 30 seconds later, probably will charge her $10,000 for that visit!!! Lol. They said it looks like maybe Thursday or Friday. Giving her knee time to heal. So, hoping nothing else breaks or gets infected, we should be good to go. She is soooo discouraged, she just wants it all to be over. She is also worried because she won't have ANY income at all for the time she is off. 6 to 8 weeks. None, zero, nada, zip. So I have been calling around begging for scraps and handouts. Which if you know her, she is sooooo embarrassed and does not want to depend on anyone ever again. It is a heart wrenching position to be in. But she is such a strong woman, I know she will overcome this too. I have faith in her. Well, I will keep you all posted. Thanks soooo much for your support!!! Xxxxxxxxx Jo

jlo said...

I didn't play sports either. I danced. You know I love a costume and a stage!