LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4, 2012

Friday, May 4, 2012
Who wouldn't let you play with them as a child?

Honestly, I can't think of a single person. Then again, maybe that has something to do with the previously mentioned fact that I always had my nose in a book. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if someone said they didn't want to play me.

~~~~

My baby was involved in another accident today. It's not good. It is entirely possible that his car is totaled. We spent some time in the ER, and thank God he's fine. He does have whiplash, and the doctor warned him that he's going to be in a lot of pain tomorrow. They sent him home with some muscle relaxers and some pain meds.

My poor baby. Again, he was not at fault here. He was rear-ended by an elderly man who hit him so hard, he slammed into the taxi in front of him. The car was smashed from both ends. The front and back bumpers are popped, his trunk is popped and won't stay closed, there's a big crease on the rear passenger side, his hood is smashed, the grill is destroyed, his front license plate was basically embedded into the back of the taxi, the front passenger door won't open, the drivers seat is broken, even the freakin' glove box won't close. I mean, HOLY CRAP!

Of course, I'm thanking God over and over that he is fine, because I know it could have been SO much worse. He walked away. He's sore, and it's going to get worse before it gets better, but he's still here to feel that pain. Trust me, I am thankful.

I'm going to be praying that the car isn't totaled. I mean, come on, we JUST got it!! I'm sad for my baby. He's already missing his car (that he named Marla, by the way) and he's hoping he'll be getting her back. Thankfully he'll be too drugged up this weekend to worry about it too much. When the doctor said, "I want you to just take it easy for the next few days. Just lay around and rest." his reply was, "Well, that shouldn't be a problem!" I was thinking, "Yeah, it'll be like every other weekend, you lazy bum!"

Stud took a million pictures of his car right after the accident, so if he shares them with me, I just may share them with you. In the meantime, please send positive thoughts this way for the car to be repairable. Stud thanks you!

11 comments:

Nana said...

Poor Stud. Get an attorney to protect his interest or at least consult one. PI cases are contingent so it won't cost him anything and it sure can make a difference. Let the attorney deal with the other driver's insurance company for a better outcome.

Vicki/Jake said...

Ya, listen to Nana...don't let the insurance company screw ya!This also makes me appreciate living where I do....no traffic jams! Basically no traffic:) Calm thoughts sent your way...

M said...

Holy smokes! I am so happy he is okay...I mean, young, and can live through some whiplash....yikes!! And cars can be replaced...kids can't.

My son was hit by an older lady...when he called I asked "how old," and he said, "Like 90." I thought for sure, you know teens, that the lady was like my age. But when I read the report she was 87! He was right on! AND since she was so certain it wasn't her fault she fought it...even though she received a ticket at the scene, it took us a year to get our deductable back!! I was so angry...it went to arbitration because she was not going to accept fault. So two independent insurance companies had to review the info and they deemed that she was at fault. No Kidding!! She ran a red light and hit him!

Okay enough rant- so sorry about the car and accident but so happy he is well enough to be home taking it easy.

XXOO

Ricochet said...

So sorry!! Tell him to take the whiplash seriously = been there, done that.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh....poor SM! I am so so so so thankful that he walked away. Oh my....can't even go there in my head how bad it could have been.
I hope he feels better rather than worse like the Dr. said.
Keep us updated....
sending good thoughts and prayers to you all.
xoxo

jo.irish.rose said...

i am SO glad he is ok, that is what matters the most.

Ricochet said...

How is Stud this morning?

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I am so glad he is ok!!!! I know you will give him plenty of TLC!!!! Praying for you guys!

Funny in My Mind said...

As the mother of 2 male drivers, I know how terrified you must have been and how thankful you are that he is ok.
Whiplash is painful (was rear-ended years ago) and rest is necessary or you could do more damage.
I will say a prayer for your family!

Jen said...

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD
Is he ok today?
I got rear ended several years ago, but thankfully no one was in front of me and that I was in the MomVan. No totalization there. :( Craptastic whiplash though.
Poor Stud! :(
How are you holding up?

Gberger said...

Oh my gosh, Chi - I'm so thankful he's okay! So sorry about the car and all, but oh, how terrifying that must have been for Stud, you and CSJ! I'm giving thanks right now for his safety. I hope you all have a very quiet, restful, pain-free weekend from here on!