LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012

Thursday, May 3, 2012
Talk about a toy you broke as a child.

This story STILL gets brought up every once in while, mostly when my family wants to talk about my temper. When I was 5, right after we moved into the house my parents still live in, my parents bought me a vanity. You know, a mini-sized, plastic, kids' vanity. It was pink, and the middle lifted to reveal a storage area, and there was a mirror under the lid. You lifted the lid, and it stayed open so you could use the mirror.

Well, at some point, I must have somehow snapped a clip or something that kept the mirror open, and it wouldn't stay up. I lifted the mirror five or six times, and was getting more and more aggravated. Finally, I snapped. I snatched the lid right off the vanity and threw it across the room, shattering the mirror. It scared the ever-livin' shit out of my parents, who came running into the room. My mother asked me what the hell happened, and I told her. It took her a minute to get past her initial shock, but then she burst out laughing.

Even now, she always says, "I just couldn't believe you did that!" Then she goes on and on about how I've always had a bad temper. Yeah, yeah, whatever. What do you expect from a hot-blooded Italian woman, who also happens to be a Taurus? I mean - DUH!

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Who the heck comes up with these prompts?
Oh, so your an Italian woman with control issues? Stereotyping.
xo

Funny in My Mind said...

since I am playing along......
I cannot remember anything broken but i did cut the heads off my sister's Barbie dolls.
I am German and I have a bad temper. My mom had a best friend growing up who was Italian and I remember her telling us stories about silverware and dishes flying when she visited her friend. guess the parents liked to fight dirty.

Gberger said...

Oh my gosh. That is absolutely hilarious. Your parents had their hands full from the get-go! No wonder you can teach in inner-city schools! GO GET-em, woman!

M said...

WoW...I am a Taurus too but mostly stubborn :)

TGIF tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

Amazing what memories stick with you:) I can just picture a mini you all sad and tearful and then your Mama laughing!!

La Roo said...

I don't know if I can meet you?
You're scary.


LMAO

Sonya Ann said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I really didn't have girl toys. I was more of a lego girl.