LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"You look like a monkey!"

Today was not really any better than the rest of the week so far, but I tried to not let things bother me as much. One good thing, though, is that one of my students transfered out. He actually transfered out yesterday, but I was too pissy to mention it yesterday. Now I only have two students that don't have real seats.

Maybe a few more will leave soon, and we'll be fine. I've had a few parents complain about the new "no signing out" procedure, because they don't like that the kids will be outside afterschool. Apparently, it's never occured to them to actually freakin' be there ON TIME to pick up their damn kids!! It's bothering them that the free babysitter (ME!) is no longer on duty. So, maybe those parents will transfer their kids out and put them in a school that will babysit for them. Hell, maybe they can find a school that will raise them, too!

I do have a cute story though, and it was one of the things that got me through the day. Today for snack time, the kids got bananas. They were very excited because they LOVE bananas. I never got a chance to have lunch today (surprise, surprise) so I sat down with the kids and had a banana, too. The baby I was sitting next to says, through a giggle, "Mrs. L., you look like a monkey!" Then J.H., who was sitting next to him says, "I look like a gorilla!" and all the boys fell into fits of laughter. It was exactly what I needed to remind me why I drag my stressed-out self to that hellhole every day!

I try to keep this quote in mind when I'm dealing with my babies. It's one of my favorites:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being. ---Goethe

No comments: