LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thankless Thursday :(

We had our walk-through today. I have no idea how it went. They actually came to my room while we were at the bathroom, so I have no clue what they saw or didn't see, or what their thought or opinions were about my room. And guess what? I could not possibly care less!! It probably didn't go well, though, for the school as a whole. Big Cheese made an announcement at 2:40 that we are having a meeting tomorrow morning with our Area Instructional Officer (AIO) to go over what they saw. That's usually not good. And, I'd bet my life that 75% of the teachers didn't hear him say a word about the meeting, since he made it 5 freakin' minutes before the dismissal bell rang. You know, when the kids are getting their coats and bookbags, and the room is generally chaotic. I do have to give my babies their "props" though, because they are all awesome at the freezing rule! (As soon as the intercom comes on, you freeze like a statue, and stay that way until the announcement is over.) Big Cheese asked that we come in 10 minutes early, to boot, so he's going to be sweating tomorrow morning when 3/4 of the staff isn't there on time.

I'm really going to try hard to move away from always bitchin' and moanin' about school on this blog, and stick to stories about my babies. That's really the main reason I decided to start this blog in the first place. Although, another reason is because I wanted people to be able to see how it REALLY is to work for CPS, so I guess a certain amount of bitchin' and moanin' is inevitable.


OK, cute story of the day...This morning, while I was getting the room ready for the babies, one of my girls, I.W., was in my room, like she is every morning. (Long story for another day.) She looked up at me while I was bent over the table passing out papers, and says, "Mrs. L., did you forget to comb your hair today?" I just busted out laughing!! I said, "Why, does it look like I didn't comb it?" And she just goes, "Yeah." Very matter-of-factly. Too funny!! In my defense, I put a headband in my hair this morning while it was still a little damp, but on the drive to school, I decided not to wear it and took it out of my hair. I guess it must have dried a little goofy.

It immediately made me think of an almost identical story of Dori's. One day last year, one of her boys said, "Ms. R., what happened to your hair? It looks kinda rumply." Out of the mouths of babes! You really should read all the hilarious stories on her post from 9/23/07, Funny Stuff From My First Class.

I'm off to have a delicious little treat. Edy's has a wonderful limited edition flavor of ice cream, Pumpkin, for the holidays. That's one of my absolute favorite things about fall -- pumpkin! I wait all year for Starbuck's to bring back Pumpkin Spice Lattes. (I just noticed the other day that Dunkin Donuts also has one, but when I tried to order it, I was told they wouldn't have it until October. I haven't remembered to order one yet, and it's already the 4th!) I make pumpkin bars from a recipe that my grandma used to make. Yummy! I could live on pumpkin pie with tons of Cool Whip on top. OK, enough, I have to go scoop myself a bowl of ice cream. Oo, they also have an Apple Pie version that we polished off last week. My nieces loved it! It has apple pieces in it, as well as chunks of pie crust!



Quote of the day:

Education: a debt due from present to future generations. ---George Peabody

2 comments:

miss r said...

Oooo Edy's has peppermint ice cream in the winter! It has crunched up candy canes in it. I can't wait now!!

Me said...

OMG I miss Dunkin Donuts drive through sooo much!!!

And Dori is right the Peppermint Ice Cream is the best!! It's sooo yummy especially when you blend it with ice and whiskey and pour it over ice.