LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Hey, gang! The weather here in Chicago is absolutely GORGEOUS today! Lots of bright sunshine, along with a cool, fall breeze. I couldn't ask for anything more!
As far as school goes, another less than exciting day. Trust me, I'm not complaining. The Big Cheese brought us a new lunch schedule yesterday, because he's desperately trying to please the folks from the state (too long a story to go into right now!) and today we tried it out for the first time. In theory, it was actually not a bad plan, except for the fact that our lunch ending time was moved back to 11:10, which is the time our prep period starts! He tried to adjust the time to give us an extra five minutes, but Dori and I have decided we better pick out kids up 5 minutes early so we can get to our prep on time. No biggy. I'm just glad we still have 5 preps.

I think I mentioned a while back that we were given two new teaching positions, so our prep and lunch schedules were going to have to be adjusted to make room for those classes to fit into the rotation. Luckily, someone smart handled it, as opposed to the Big Cheese. He told us more than once that we were each going to have to give up a prep, but in the windup, nothing changed for us. Good news, for sure!

One of my friends sent me a cute email with some Halloween fun. You should check it out, especially if you have kids. (when the new window opens, hit "reset" to start.)

Well, I'm off to watch Transformers with my son. (I promised last night, since he had to hang out at school with me until 5pm, thanks to a meeting I had.) Let's hope I can stay awake! Have a great night!


Education is not the filling of a pail, but the
lighting of a fire. ---William Butler Yeats

No comments: