LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Is it Saturday already?

Well, it finally happened. I broke my promise to myself to post every single school day. Yesterday was such an incredibly looonnnggg and exhausting day, I just couldn't do it. I barely was able to find my bed and collapse.

It's not so much that school was bad, or at least no worse than usual, but it was just all my other responsibilities. Last night was the "Fall Frolic" at my son's school. That's their version of a Halloween party/dance. It's usually my favorite event of the year, basically because it revolves around my favorite holiday of the year - Halloween. However, when you are in charge of the event, it's not as much fun. My friend and I have always volunteered to work the event, but for the past two years that we've been on the executive board of the Parents' Club, we've been in charge of the event. Without rehashing the entire night, let me just say, I went straight to my son's school from work, busted my butt all afternoon setting up, then worked like a dog all night, and finally, killed myself cleaning up afterward. I left my house at 7:00 am, and walked back in the door at 9:50 pm. LLOOONNNGGG day. I'm too old for that! My back, legs, and feet are just killing me. Anyway, that's why I didn't post yesterday :(

A couple of cute things from this week: The other day, when we were at the boys' bathroom, T.D. was my door holder, and P.M. was just finishing up using the bathroom. I always stand at the door to supervise, obviously, and to give the boys soap. Well, P.M. walked over to the door, but was still trying to fix his belt. For some reason, he was wearing a belt that could be wrapped around him twice, so he was struggling a bit. While he was buckling the belt, T.D. says, very seriously, "Whoa, P.! That's a big ol' belt!" I couldn't even hold in the laugh!

This week I've been giving the babies an assessment that I usually give around report card time. They have to identify letters, numerals, shapes and colors. I always get some pretty funny answers. One of the babies, when asked what shape a triangle was, said, "It a shape!" Of course, you had to see the big goofy grin that came with that answer to appreciate it. A couple told me that a square was called "a box." One said that an oval is a "zero." Those babies just crack me up. One of my darlings told me that a rectangle was a "trapezoid." How's that for a kindergartner? I'm impressed he remembered the word, even if he can't remember what it looks like!

We ended our day with cupcakes for T.R.'s birthday, so it wasn't so bad after all. Next week is a short week for the kids because Friday is a teacher institute day, so I'm already looking forward to only 4 days with the babies. It's going to make the week go by really quickly. The only downside is that report cards are due. Oh, and last little bit of "good" from Friday - my class was one of only two that got all our lunch forms in so we get a free bus for a field trip AND Mrs. J. in the office , God bless her, somehow got my class coupons for Pepe's for a free kids' meal. Yay!

The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the
natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it
afterwards. ---Anatole France

No comments: