LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, October 22, 2007

OK, that wasn't so bad...

For a Monday, today wasn't so horrible. As a matter of fact, my babies ended up earning some free time, and were able to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" at the end of the day. And by "earning it", I mean that I had work to do and didn't want to stay after school to do it. OK, that's not entirely true. The babies actually were pretty good today. It helped that I had one student transfer out today, and 4 others were absent, so I didn't have a full house. What a difference only 5 students can make! My day was so much less stressful than usual. We were able to get all of our work finished, so they legitimately earned the Halloween movie.


My good friend, D.J. was my only snafu for the day, and even that wasn't bad. I had to keep him back from gym because his hands just couldn't keep themselves off of other people. I put him to work helping me make the homework packets. He's actually a very good helper, when he isn't making me want to smack the crap out of him!!


Tomorrow is going to be a long day because we have a meeting after school for the new after school program. It's going to be a lloonngg day. The meeting is from 3-5. But, then I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner, so the day will end on a high note.

Kind of a funny story about today - over the weekend, it was unseasonably warm here in Chicago. I think it hit 80 yesterday. But, right now, as I type, it's about 45. Needless to say, quite a discrepancy from yesterday. However, since I'm always hot, I dress to be comfortable. At the end of the day, I was talking to Mrs. J. and I suddenly started laughing because I realized that she was wearing boots, plaid wool pants, and a turtleneck sweater, and she was complaining about being cold, while I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, capri pants and flip-flops!

My classroom is directly over the boiler, and it's always way too hot in my room. I keep the windows open all year. There have been mornings when I've come in and the thermometer in my room (which I bought exactly for this reason) has read 110. No, I'm NOT kidding, I'm completely serious. I think I finally found I way to stay cool - my flip-flops!! I can totally regulate my body temperature through my feet. Sounds goofy, I know, but it's true. If I'm cold, all I have to do is slip on socks. If I'm too hot, I go barefoot, or at least sockless. I'm going to just have to keep flip-flops at school to change into, and I think this will be the first year I'll actually be comfortable all year.


Jeez, how did I get on this goofy tangent? Over the weekend, I submitted another proposal to Donors Choose, so I'll let you all know when it posts. This is a really small one, only $150, so I hope it gets funded pretty quickly. OK, I'm off to soak in my nice, hot bubblebath. My son is with his dad, and I have the night to myself. I plan to watch Dancing with the Stars from my tub. Ah, that's the life!

Remember that our nation's first great leaders were also our first great scholars. ---John F. Kennedy

No comments: