LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

We broke a record...

...yesterday. The official high was 83, although the gauge on my car said 87 at one point. It felt like 107, as far as I was concerned. Yes, I was cranky, why are you surprised? They are predicting we will break another record today, as our high is expected to hit 83 again. Can you see the joy on my face?

As I sit here, typing at my kitchen table, I am enjoying the cool breeze coming in the window, the sun peeking over the house behind me. Why can't it stay just like this the rest of the day? Do we really need it to ever go above 75? The answer is NO! Ugh, it's only April 2!

OK, no more complaining. It's time to get the eggs a-boilin'. Unbelievably, the 3 Stooges still want to color Easter eggs today. My nieces are now 13 and 15, and Stud is 16. Actually, my older niece will be 16 in a couple of weeks. And, all three of them STILL want to keep the tradition going. We have always done our eggs on Good Friday, for as long as I can remember. I suppose it had to do with the fact that we were always off from school on Good Friday. So, when my sister and I had kids, we kept the tradition alive. I'm just surprised the kids don't think they're 'too big' to keep doing it. I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Got my eggs boilin' right now too. Seems like a good Good Friday activity. Have fun!

C said...

hey youre never too old to have fun!

c