LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Look what I did today...

OMG! I can't believe I was able to do this in one day. Now, if you're a real crocheter, please don't enlarge the photo, or I'm certain you'll find a ton of mistakes. But from far away, it doesn't look that bad, does it?

I may have mentioned in the past that I wanted to learn how to knit and crochet. (Strangely enough, I knew how to do both as a kid, but as an adult, I just couldn't get the hang of it again.) I bought myself a little "kit" last weekend that came with a bunch of needles and a book. I decided to tackle the book last night when I couldn't sleep. I started one of the projects, which was a cell phone bag, but I just couldn't get it. The project is done on an afghan needle (which came with the kit) but I just couldn't seem to get it to work. The whole thing kept curling up on me. After the second time I pulled it apart, I was done. But then, this morning, after some refreshing iced coffee, I thought, what the hell, let's try something else.

This scarf didn't seem too hard, although I did get it about a foot long, when I realized I somehow did something to make it wider at some point, so I had to pull literally half of it apart, and start over. But, once I got the rhythm of it going, it went pretty fast. So fast, in fact, that I ended up making it literally twice the length that the pattern called for! The pattern called for a 34" scarf with 1' of fringe on each end. I ended up making a 68" scarf, so I only made the fringe about 7" on each end.

I just can't believe I made it. Now, the real question is, who's gonna use it? You ALL know I would NEVER wear a scarf. Hell, most of the time, I don't even wear a coat! My sister is the queen of the scarves, so maybe she'll want it. If she doesn't, I know my sweet mother-in-law will wear it. Well, she'll wear in next winter. Hey, I just remembered that I tried making a scarf a while back, which I DID give to my mother-in-law. Wait, didn't I do a post about it? Let me check...

Holy crap! I just spent an hour going back through old posts. What the hell is wrong with me!!? If I did post about my last attempt at crocheting, I can't find it. Why the hell I just wasted an hour looking for it is beyond me! Sheesh, I could have spent that hour crocheting!!

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

The scarf looks great!!! I love green.
Now, if only you could get that hour back...

Laura said...

Awesome! I want it!