LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I've been in stitches all day...

Stud's drama club is putting on it's spring show this weekend. The kids had to be at school at 12:30 this afternoon, which allowed him to sleep in a little after being up late last night for Opening Night.

This is what I did while I was waiting for Stud to get dressed this morning...
...while waiting for the show to end...
...and what I did after the show. (I made the brim a little wider on this one. I like it better than the first.)
I have now made a total of 6 baby hats, and I finally think I have it down. Look at the size difference between the first one I made last weekend, and the one I made today! It the exact same pattern, but I believe the difference is the tension. I think I was pulling the stitches too tight when I first started. Now that I've got some kind of "form," I've learned to relax my hands a bit
Here are the two finished hats for KC's sister's twins. I hate to toot my own horn, but damn, they're cute!!
So far, since I taught myself to crochet a week ago, I've made 6 hats and 3 scarves. How hilarious is that? I made a scarf a day for the first three days. The funniest part of that is that it was in the 80s when I made those! I think I'm going to pack them away for the holidays. Or, maybe I'll make them again, now that I've gotten the hang of it...

9 comments:

C said...

lmao you crack me up with your lil hats... they are lookin good cheech! i love to crochet... i am glad you enjoy it too.

thank you for all the support lately on my posts... i so appreciate your opinion.

c

dkuroiwa said...

Those little bitty hats are just too adorable!! I bow down to anyone who can crochet....i have tried...i really have, but, for the life of me? canNOT do it.
you do some stuff!!!

Tracey Axnick said...

You've been crocheting a week and your stitches look that good? WOW - I'm impressed! I won't even tell you about my 'adventures in crocheting' - it was embarrassing.

These baby hats are adorable!

Jason, as himself said...

You have just turned into a crafty maniac!

Clippy Mat said...

wow, look at you. Are there no end to your talents? I love them. So cute.
way to go Chi-Chi
:-)

Cameron said...

I would like to speak with you about an opportunity to blog about Raging Waves, Illinois' largest water park, located in Yorkville. We would like to invite you to attend a media day event where you could experience the park with your family.

Please let me know if you are interested. You can drop me a line at cameron.w.oconnor@gmail.com.

Regards,

Cameron

Gberger said...

Those are adorable! Whoever receives them is going to love them. Nothing like a little cold-weather crafting during a heat-wave!

Sandra said...

Hi...

There's no email addy for you on your profile... so i will answer your question here...

My bread stays fresh because I use no yeast at all, I make my own starter and it does all the leavening...

I also use it up quickly... so when I bake a fresh loaf of bread, I make my kids sandwiches up all at once for the week, dressing, meat, lettuce, tomatoe, roasted peppers etc... and wrap them up tight in foil. The olive oil and vinegar help keep the bread great...

Hope this helped!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cute!!!