LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

Since I have yet to transfer my files from my old computer to my new, I don't have many pictures of my daddy to post here. None of these are very recent, but you can still see how damn cute he is!!

This is from about a year and a half ago, at my uncle's 80th birthday party. This is my dad, my uncle and their older sister. Oh, yeah, I said older! This photo doesn't really do her justice, but trust me, she does NOT look like an 85 year old woman. Thank God there are some great genes in this family. This is my uncle who has been quite ill lately, so it's almost hard to look at this picture, because he looks so healthy here.
This actually from my dad's birthday 2 years ago. We had just opened the bar exactly a week before this, and we had a big bash for my dad's birthday there. This is a horrid picture of my parents, and they would kill me if they knew I was putting it out there for the world to see (well, ok mostly just my mother would kill me!) but I wanted to show you what my dad actually wore for part of his party. One of my silly cousins bought him a card that punched out to make a crown. Can you see what that crown says?! BIRTHDAY SLUT!! Bwah hahahaha!!! This was my dad's 65th birthday, and he actually wore THIS on his head!
This picture has been posted several times here already, but as you already know, this is one of my favorite pictures with my daddy.



A father is always making his baby into a little woman.
And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
~Enid Bagnold

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.

~Author Unknown

Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.

~Author Unknown

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown

The first man a little girl falls in love with is her Dad.
-- Author Unknown

The lucky man has a daughter as his first child.
-- Spanish Proverb

To her the name of father was another name for love.
-- Fanny Fern

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy birthday to your Daddy!!!
He really is cute Chi...which is lucky for you, cause you look JUST LIKE HIM!!!!!!
I love that he wore the silly hat...that says a lot about his character.

C said...

awwwwwwwwwww i'm tearing up.... can i have him be my dad too? he has such a nice looking kind face. bless your lil merry-go-round-riding heart...
and i agree with suz, if he wore that hat that says alot about him! that's prolly where you get your humor from...

happy b-day daddio who i wish could be mine, too!


hugs,

c

miss r said...

None of them look their age! Happy birthday, Mr. G!