LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

For JLo

Ok, I gotta tell ya, J, that I'm one of those really annoying people who NEVER shares her recipes. That's mostly because if people find out how simple they are, they will no longer be impressed with my culinary talents. But, because I love you, my bloggy friend, I decided that I would share with you. I can't guarantee it'll happen again, so pay attention. ;-)


Vegetable Lasagna

2 boxes no-boil lasagna noodles (I use Barilla) (you'll use about 1 1/2 boxes)

2 jars Alfredo sauce (any variety you like, I usually buy the one with mushrooms)

1 10oz box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

1 16oz container ricotta cheese

2 eggs

1 cup grated Parmesan, divided

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more to taste)

Salt and pepper, to taste

Optional: mushrooms (fresh or canned, I usually use canned. If you use fresh, you should saute them first), roasted red peppers (I use jarred)

In a large mixing bowl, mix spinach, ricotta cheese, eggs and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients. In a 13x9 baking dish, place approximately 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, or enough to coat the bottom evenly. Layer on lasagna noodles to cover bottom (my pan fits 3). Carefully spread 1/3 cheese filling over noodles, being sure to spread evenly. If using mushrooms and/or peppers, layer these over cheese filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan, to taste, and mozzarella (about 1/2 cup). Top with Alfredo sauce (about 1/2 cup, or enough to evenly coat filling). Top with another layer of noodles, and repeat filling layers and sauce. Repeat for a third layer, ending with noodles on top. Cover with remaining sauce, making sure to completely cover top layer of noodles with sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.

Cover dish with foil (it helps to spray it first with non-stick spray) and bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until top layer of mozzarella is golden and edges of lasagna are bubbling (about 15 minutes). Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.

Ok, I'll have to come back for the others. Maybe I'll post one recipe a day, since it takes a while to type them out. (All the things I made for Easter are things that I don't have written out anywhere.) JLo, if you actually try making this, let me know how it turns out. This is a recipe I cobbled together on my own, so writing it out kinda forced me to think about actual measurements (just like when I sent it to you, Tiffany!) and I'm sure it's not exactly the same amounts I use, but you really can't screw it up. I mean, come on, it's essentially just pasta and cheese!! YUM!

6 comments:

jlo said...

Awwwwww, thanks Chi!!!!! I will try making it and I'll let you know!

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I so need some new ideas for the kitchen and this sounds delish!

Pissedoffteacher said...

I'll give you a better idea--don't spend the extra money on the no boil noodles. The regular lasagna noodles work just as well. Just make sure there is plenty of liquid in the pan and the noodsles will cook as the lasagna bakes.

ChiTown Girl said...

POd, I have heard that before, just haven't been brave enough to try it. But, now with your endorsement, I'm going to do it the next time. Thanks! :)

Jason, as himself said...

JLo is going to love this, I can already tell. Because it doesn't have meat in it, and she HATES meat.

And Pissed Off is right about the regular lasagna noodles.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I also use veggie chopped meat because I can't mix cheese and meat. My husband says it tastes almost like the real stuff.