LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Awww....

....this is what I found taped to the mirror in the bathroom when I came home from work today. Think somebody misses his mommy a little?
(under "I luv you!!!" it says, "plz recycle" with arrows pointing in each direction. I don't know what the arrows are for, either.)
My darling son hasn't been home in days. Let's see...he spent the weekend at his dad's, as always. I already told you about Monday morning, so I only saw him for about 5 minutes. I picked him up Monday afternoon, but he was promptly picked up by his father as soon as we got home. Tuesday morning his dad brought him home and I drove him to school, so we spent almost 30 minutes together, although I was getting dressed and making lunches during that time. Tuesday afternoon, his dad picked him up from school, so I didn't get to see him at all. Then yesterday, he had "Testing Day" at school, which meant he was done at 11:00. His grandma picked him up, then his dad picked him up from her house. I didn't see him at all yesterday. Today his dad drove him to school and his grandma picked him up again because he had a half day. Again, his dad picked him up there, so I didn't see him at all today. Tomorrow, he has the day off for Columbus Day (don't ask - Catholic school thing, I guess!).

So, bottom line...I haven't seen my baby since I dropped him off at school Tuesday morning. I miss my baby!! Judging by my after school surprise, he just may be missing his mommy a little, too. His grandma always stops here at my house after picking him up to let the dog out, so that's obviously when he wrote the note, and left it for me to find. Isn't he sweet?

He'll stay at his dad's now until Monday, when his dad brings him home for school. It's going to be a long weekend. I think I'm going to have him come home Sunday afternoon. I may or may not be having a birthday party here for my youngest niece, who will turn 12 on Monday. I told my sister we could have our family over Sunday night for cake if she wanted. (She lives in a small condo, so it's hard to have a lot of company) If she decides not to, then I guess my baby will stay at his dad's until Monday. Hmmm...maybe I'll beg my sister a little....

Clearly, I'm missing my baby too much to write about school tonight. I'll try and post a recap of the week tomorrow afternoon. As guilty as I feel for not posting every night like I used to, part of me is a actually a little happy about that because it means I don't have something to bitch about every night like I used to!

You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ---Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

5 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

awww, that's so nice. he's missing his mom.
what a nice kid.
:-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is SO great and it says so much about the man you are raising. I love the quote. Really, we need more Mom's out there bringing up good men...there seems to be so few. Right???
Plus, he likes to recycle. What is not to love?????

Busy Bee Suz said...

You just could not stand it with keeping a picture of yourself could you????
Well, you held out for a while. If you change hair color or get colored contacts put up a new one for me. The other one will be forever imprinted in the little brain here.....

ChiTown Girl said...

Suz, you're so funny! I changed it to penguins a couple of days ago. You're right, I couldn't stand seeing myself everytime I opened the blog! If I took pictures that were as flattering as yours, I would change my mind, but in the meantime, enjoy Penguin Pete!

Jason, as himself said...

I've tagged you on The Jason Show. Maybe it will help keep your mind off of missing your little guy!