- I played the flute from 3rd grade until I graduated high school. I can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped playing in college. Maybe it was the fact that I was too busy taking classes, and working full-time to pay for those classes, not to mention following two programs simultaneously. (Yes, I have always been a slacker!!) I wish I had kept playing though, and I have often thought about taking some refresher classes so I can start playing again. I was actually pretty good back in the day. I was 1st chair in high school and also played the piccolo (as well as my sister's clarinet and my brother's saxophone.)
- I married my first "real" boyfriend. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss, first "everything." I met him when I was 17. We dated for nearly 6 years before we got married. We were married about 3 years before my son was born. I thought we had the perfect marriage right up until it was over. We all know how well that turned out! But, it did bring me my beautiful son, so for that I'll always be grateful.
- I currently work three jobs. (Ah, the joys of being a single mother!!) Obviously, I teach kindergarten. My second job is site director for an after school program. My third (and possibly favorite) job is working at the bar. So, that means most days, I work 2 out of the three jobs, and that I work 7 days a week. All work and no play is starting to make ChiTown a very cranky girl! Especially on Saturday nights, since they are always 12+ hour days. I usually leave my house about 4 in the afternoon, and get home about 4:30 or 5:00 on Sunday morning.
- I pretty much will ingest anything that is pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie flavored. This afternoon, I enjoyed a scoop of pumpkin spice ice cream from Baskin Robbins, and I had a Pumpkin Pie martini later. I think I'll indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte tomorrow (today?) from Starbucks. Yum!!! (It's now Sunday afternoon, and I have a pumpkin spice candle burning at the moment, so the house smells divine!)
- I have one brother and one sister, both younger than I am.
- I am addicted to magazines. It's probably because I never have a chunk of time to sit and read an actual book, but I can find a few minutes here and there to read a magazine. I currently have at least 9 magazine subscriptions (Playboy, Womans Day, Family Circle, Womans World, Everyday Food, Rachel Ray, Reader's Digest, All You, First for Women) plus a couple more for my son that I actually read (Highlights, for example!) Sheesh!! Maybe if I got rid of all these subscriptions, I could quit one of my three jobs!!
- I am also becoming addicted to blogs! My 'favorites' list gets longer everyday (Welcome, Jason!) and I find myself wasting, I mean spending, more time every day reading every one's blogs. That's probably one of the reasons I've sucked at posting on my own this year. Last school year, I faithfully posted each and every school day. This year, I'm lucky if I post every couple of days, and it's not usually about school anymore :(
OK, Jason, I hope that satisfied your curiosity for now. As for the rest of you, these were probably things many of you already knew, so I'm sorry you had to read through it all. I'm off to try and go to sleep, even though I'm wide awake, because it's now 5:10, and the sun is going to be up very, very soon!!