- I know I'm really drunk when I can't feel my face.
- I didn't start drinking until after I turned 35. I've had more drinks in the 6 months that the bar has been open than I have in the previous 40 years combined. But, I still don't really 'drink.' Maybe twice a month I'll make myself a martini to sip while I'm working. Usually, it's too busy for me to drink anyway. This past weekend, I had a pumpkin pie martini because, come on, it's pumpkin pie! But, that's it. One martini in the course of the 18+ hours that I worked this weekend. Not bad, right?
- I adore all things Latino. Seriously. It's a serious issue. It didn't serve me well in my choice of husband, did it? Most of the men I've dated since CSJ have all been Latino. I just can't resist their charm I guess. And, they're pretty easy on the eyes. Oh, and don't get me started on their "skills".... Besides the men, I could eat Mexican/Puerto Rican/Latino food every single day of my life. I adore Salsa dancing, as well as most other Latin dances (cha cha, merengue, bachata, cumbia...) My friends and I took salsa dancing lessons at a studio downtown for about 5 years. I only stopped because I started grad school, and the classes were on the same night. I said I would start again after I graduated, but now I'm too busy juggling three jobs, and trying to pay off that grad school tuition! Latino people are some of the warmest, friendliest, most generous people I've ever met. OK, I'm moving on, this is getting too long...
- I absolutely can NOT read this book without crying like a baby. Can't do it. I've been trying for almost 15 years, and I have yet to be successful. I stopped reading it to my babies at school because I would always cry and it bothered them.
- One of my absolute favorite smells is wet/damp leaves on a cool fall night. It instantly takes me back to my childhood, and makes me think of Halloween.
- I worked in the grocery business for over 10 years. There are many days when I sit at the Hell-Hole and wish I was at the grocery store! For my Chicago friends - My first job was at Dominick's as soon as a turned 16. I started as a bagger, then after a few month I was promoted to cashier. Within a year I was running the front end. I left Dominick's after 5 years to work for an independent grocery chain (Centrella) and eventually became store manager when they bought a third store in Midlothian. I loved working with the public, which I suppose is why I love working at the bar.
- This one is a tangent of Number 6, I suppose. I met CSJ at Dominick's. He worked there when he was between jobs. He was only there about 3 or 4 weeks, and we only worked together once. I was obviously in high school then, so I worked nights and weekends. CSJ was out of school, so he worked days. However, I asked to be the opening cashier on Thanksgiving (so I could be home in time for dinner with the family) and guess who the opening bagger was. Go 'head, guess. Yep, the cocksucker himself! That was the only morning we ever worked together, but apparently he fell head over heels in love (haha!) and had to have my number. About a week later we went on our first date, and the rest is tragedy. I mean history. We saw each other literally every single day from that point on, pretty much until I threw his ass out! Ah, good times, good times....
Well, I guess that's it. Once again, I'm not going to tag anyone, since there isn't anyone left to tag!
BTW, school was actually pretty nice today. The kids have Friday off, which is going to make this week easier to get through. Our copy lady wasn't at school today, so the kids didn't get homework packets. I don't know if I'll even bother since they'll only have 2 nights to do homework before they have to bring it back on Thursday. Yeah, I guess I'll save a tree and skip the papers this week.