LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sweet Sunday

Today was just one of those lovely, relaxing, enjoyable Sundays. One of Stud's besties spent the night last night. Who knows how long they were up playing a new video game Stud received for his birthday last week. When I got up this morning, I made cinnamon rolls for the boys, but waited until I thought they were stirring before popping them into the oven. Right before I did, my eldest niece called me to see what I was doing. I asked her if she wanted to come and hang out. When I told her Stud's friend was here, she gave a resounding "Yes!" I hung up with her, and about a minute later my phone rang again. This time it was her little sister. They crack me up. It's like they don't even live in the same house!! I asked her if she was going to come over with her sister, and of course she didn't know what I was talking about. But, she said she was going to get dressed and come over.

The girls ended up spending the whole day here. Niece #1 spent some time downstairs hanging out with the boys (they're all the same age) while Niece #2 sat upstairs doing homework. Then they both watched some classic tv with me (Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Bussom Buddies, Dick VanDyke, I Love Lucy) Ok, we didn't actually veg out in front of the tv that whole time. We were watching in the kitchen, while the girls did homework, and I prepared dinner. Niece #2 and I also played a few rounds of Words with Friends.

At some point, Niece #1 went in the other room to call my brother. (I had been bugging him all morning about how only 2 out of my 3 nieces were over, and why wasn't he bringing #3 over, etc.) and she never came back. I kept calling her, but no answer. I finally went into the living room to get something and found her passed out on the couch. She was at a sleepover last night at a friend's house for her 18th birthday, so I imagine there wasn't a lot of sleeping going on. Anyway, we let her sleep, thinking we'd just wake her at dinner time. Well, yeah...that didn't happen. This kid sleeps like the dead. Try as we might, she would NOT wake up! We just let her sleep while we ate the kick-ass chili I made for dinner.

Around 6ish, my father called to see if we all wanted to take a ride over to their house. Actually, I forgot to mention that Niece #1 had already called my mother several times earlier in the afternoon, begging her to come over for dinner. They didn't come, obviously. So, then my dad called, to see if we wanted to come over there instead. My aunt was there visiting, and she had birthday gifts for Stud and Niece #2. In the windup, just the two birthday kids went to my parents', since Niece #1 was still sleeping, CSJ was very involved in watching the Bears game, and I was busy cleaning up from dinner. Have I mentioned yet how great it is to have a kid who drives?

A couple hours later, my sister called and wanted me to wake up Niece #1, and send her home. By this point, Stud had come back home, but left Niece #2 at my parents. We figured Niece #1 would just pick her up on her way home. It took a while, but I finally got Sleeping Beauty off the couch. I heated up her dinner (spinach and 3 cheese ravioli - she's a vegetarian so chili was out) and we visited for a little while more while she ate. Then, oops, my sister called again. As soon as we saw the caller id, my niece ran out the door. It was pretty funny.

Now, all is quiet around here. Stud is downstairs playing his game, Brian is in the shower, CSJ is in the kitchen doing paperwork, and I'm snuggled up in my bed, boring you with the mundane details of my life. I've been suffering with a chronic stiff neck for about a month now, so I have this awesome heatable neck wrap on, which feels great. (It's one of those wraps you heat in the microwave. I think it's filled with rice, and a bunch of essential oils and stuff, for aromatherapy. It smells pretty great.) After rereading this, I'm having a hard time keeping myself awake. You should be sure to bookmark this page to use the next time you have insomnia.

I hope your day was as uneventful and relaxing as mine was. :)

6 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I'm here to raid your pantry.

Vodka Mom said...

It's a pantry raid.



ha

Mark said...

If you think you're boring... I actually read your whole post and thought it sounded like a lot of fun! Now how boring does that make me?
m.

Gberger said...

It sounds so cozy and domestic. I love how often you cook great meals from scratch, and how your nurture your family and friends with your gift for cuisine. It's one of the traditional arts that really sustains us in more ways than just the body - it warms the heart and communicates love and caring. As Julia would say, Bon appetit!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I wish I had a big family like you. :)
I also wish I had one of those neck warmer thingys...mine is a little sore. Perhaps you need a massage???

jlo said...

Happy birthday to Stud...sharing a birthday with my Bella. :)