Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunny Sunday

It is gorgeous outside right now!  The sun is shining, it's warm (well, warm for ME.  I think it's like 38?) and I'm going to go meet my Bestest Friend for breakfast.  I'll probably be back later.


Ok, I'm back.  Bestest Friend and I ended up at a restaurant we've never been to before.  Breakfast was delicious!  And, we ended up sitting there for nearly 4 hours!  We just don't get to see each other, or even talk, nearly enough.  She's so busy with work that it's hard to get together during the week, and on the weekends I usually see my family while Magnum is working, and then I try to spend time with him when he gets home.  Anyway, we talked, and talked, and talked for hours.  It was so nice! (And, listening to how miserable she is with work [she's also a CPS teacher!] just reminded me that I absolutely made the right decision by walking away!  I just wish SHE wasn't so miserable.)

When we finally left the restaurant (which only happened because they closed!) I went straight to my in-law's house, where Magnum was, as usual.  He didn't have to work today, so I was afraid he would feel obligated to spend extra time at his parents' house.  Don't get me wrong, I love that he takes such good care of them, however things are reaching a breaking point.  I see him less now than when he was working, and most of you probably remember how much he worked.  Now, he's at his parents' 7 days a week, sometimes 8-10 hours a day.  Pretty much the only time he's not there is when he's at work, and even those day, he's goes to his parents' first for a few hours.  I know I've been alluding to how stressful and unhappy things have been around here lately, and this is a big part of it.  But, I don't really want to get into all that right now, so I'll just leave it at that.

I went there hoping I could convince him to leave.  On Sunday, he goes there so that his mom can go to church.  Well, church is an hour, hour and half at best.  He usually convinces her to run errands afterward, since he's there anyway, and she needs the time away his father.  But, still, we didn't leave the restaurant until 3, so that's plenty of time to run errands, since church lets out at noon.  (And, yes, I realize this probably sounds bitchy, but trust me, HE needs a break, too!)

I was shocked when he didn't even argue with me when I said he should pack up and come home.  His dad was sleeping when I got there, so there wasn't much to do at the moment.  He already prepared something for dinner (he cooks lunch and dinner for them every single day) so there wasn't much for his mom to do the rest of the night.  Actually, he made her a big bowl of popcorn, and made her park herself in front of the TV, since all the pre-Oscar shows were starting.  Then, much to my surprise, he packed up his stuff and we left!

When we got home, I made him an early dinner.  Well, more like reheated dinner, since there were pork chops from last night.  I did make a salad and some veggies, though.  He and Stud ate while I did dishes, and then we settled in for the evening.  Right now, I've got the pre-Oscar show on, Magnum is reading, while glancing up every once in a while to check out the women in their pretty gowns (tee hee!) and Stud is down in the basement, ignoring us as usual. ;-)  Sounds like a great night to me!

The Oscars are going to start in less than 10 minutes, so I'm going to go make some tea and settle in for the show.  I LOVE Seth McFarland, so I'm excited to see what kind of hosting job he does.  Whether you're watching the Oscars tonight, or doing something else, I hope you're enjoying your Sunday evening as much as I am.

1 comment:

Sonya Ann said...

Busy, busy day!
Have a great week!