LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

2/7/13

Thursday, February 7, 2013
Describe your ideal date night.


I think I have two.

1. Nice dinner at a spectacular restaurant that serves decadent food, followed by a heavenly dessert, then back home for some cuddles and whatever might happen after that...

2. Nice dinner that I've cooked at home, followed by a yummy dessert, then maybe some snuggling while we watch a movie and whatever might happen after that...

Really, ANY date night is usually pretty great.  We had a "family date night" tonight, which was nice.  We waited for Stud to get home from school, then all went to dinner at our favorite place.  It's just a Greek diner, but we love it.  Back when we had JOBS, we would end up there 3 or 4 times a week.  (Wow, I should be embarrassed to even admit that, shouldn't I?)  We would usually meet my parents there at least once a week, then maybe another night would be just Magnum and I, and Stud and I usually would go there for breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday.  Well, ok, some weeks it was Saturday AND Sunday.  Shut up.  Many breakfast were shared with one or both of my nieces, and/or Bestest Friend, so that's how we sometimes ended up there both Sat. and Sun.

Like almost all Greek diners around here, this place is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  (Do you all have places like this where you live, or is it a Chicago thing?)  So, we've been there at all different times on all different days.  Back when I was working at the bar, my brother and I would sometimes find ourselves there at 5am, after a long night of slingin' drinks.  Bestest Friend and I tend to make it our go-to place to meet for whatever.  Breakfast on the weekends, lunch on the weekends or when she's on break from school, or dinner anytime.  There's something on the menu to make everyone happy, which is why we go there so often. 

It's definitely my parents' go-to place, as well.  My dad was friends with the former owner, and has since become friends with the current owner.  My parents probably have dinner there a minimum of once a week, but sometimes it's more depending on what they have going on in their schedule.  My mom has been cooking less and less as they've gotten older, so this place is perfect for them.  It's close to their home, it's fast, delicious, and reasonably priced. 

Sheesh, how the hell did this turn into a giant commercial?!?!  I never even told you the name of this place, did I?  Well, it's called The View, and we all love it!!  (FYI, it was The View LONG before the show was ever around)

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love Greek food. But I don't eat it much. Usually only when we are traveling.
We MIGHT have places like that around town, but I don't know for sure. We eat out at least once a week....usually Italian or Mexican.
Wait, did you say something was open 24/7?
I think we have a Waffle house like that.
So, yeah, maybe just a Chicago thing.

p.s. I miss Chicago!!!!!!