LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Productive morning...

I watered my own "garden" and flowers in the back and front yards, drove over to my parents' (stopped for some coffee on the way) and watered, then weeded their garden (which is a pretty substantial size, at least compared to my garden!), watered the new apple trees, then laid mulch down around the trees and watered again. I also laid some mulch in an empty spot in the garden to I could get around better without so much mud getting on my shoes, then drove home and showered. Oh, and did I mention, this was all before 7 am? Yeah, I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, either!
8
After my shower, I fixed up a big pot of one of my favorite crock pot recipes (I don't know what it's called, we just call it Mexican chicken in the crock pot! I adapted it from a recipe I found somewhere.) which is cooking away now. I also trimmed up the rest of the chicken from the BIG pack I bought at Sam's Club yesterday, and prepared it to make Teriyake Chicken tomorrow. This is really one of my favorite recipes, and I can't believe it's be years since I've made it. I literally can't remember the last time I did.

I've never done this before, and I don't know what made me think to do it now, but instead of tossing all the trimmings from the chicken like I usually do, I threw them all in a saute pan, and browned them up for a treat for Buster. Nothing on them, just the chicken. Believe me, there's a LOT of chicken there, as I tend to trim away a lot that I know is perfectly good chicken, I just don't like to eat those bits. There really wasn't much fat on these breasts, as Sam's is usually really good about trimming them in the first place. I just always cut away the "icky" parts, that are kind of grisly. Ok, I know there really isn't 'gristle' in chicken, but you know what I mean. Whatever, Buster is getting a treat tonight!
9
Here's my humble little garden on my humble little deck. I know it's not much, but it's all mine, and it's about all I can handle! (That picnic table is about 16 years old. My father-in-law built it for Stud when he was a baby. In case you can't tell from the picture, it's kid-sized. If you look closely at all the corners of the benches, you'll see where Buster used to like to teethe as a puppy!)
This is the same daisy plant that I got from New Principal for Teacher Appreciation Week. I new daisy poked its head out this morning. Yay!
I suppose I really should go over into my neighbor's yard and cut that baby tree that is growing up through my fence. (Sorry, Suz!)
My "crops!"
My poor little basil plant is getting choked out by the mint that is surrounding it. My next trip to the store will be to get a separate pot for my basil.

Ok, time to call Italy to talk to la familia. I need to wish them, AND YOU, a Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Gberger said...

Thank you for the photo tour of your back yard. Clearly, you have a GREEN thumb! I love the fact that that picnic table was built by grandpa for Stud. What memories are there - it will be an heirloom for him and his family, or for you when you're a grandma. =)
Happy 4th to you and yours, too!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Everything looks so wonderful...I love all the color!!!
Love the picnic table too...such a great outdoor area.
I have not tried to grow mint yet...if I did, then i would have to drink a mint julep each day like a good southern woman. that might cut into my wine time. :0