LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

What WILL I do with myself?

Summer school officially ended at 11:45 this afternoon. I now have 2 1/2 glorious days of summer vacation to enjoy before going back to work. Woo hoo!! What ever will I do with all this free time?!

OK, I'm being slightly cranky about the whole thing (how shocking!) and truthfully, we don't officially go back to work until Wednesday, but I'm going to have to go in to school Monday and Tuesday to set up my classroom. Way back on June 16 I posted this. That was the day that I met with New Principal for my evaluation meeting. It's been about a month and half, and I'm still too pissed to properly post about it. However, I will share that part of what has me soooo pissed is that she told me in that meeting that I will be looping with my class to 1st grade. Um...yeah....you read that right. FUCKING FIRST GRADE!!!!!!!!!! I'm a KINDERGARTEN teacher, NOT a first grade teacher! Argh!! I have been crying about this for over 7 weeks now.

And, in addition to changing grades, she wants me to move to a new room, across the damn hall, which means I have to first clean out the other room, which is NO small task! Bestest Friend came to school with me last Friday to help me, and it was just unbelievable. Perhaps she'll give you her own version of the day in the comment section. Then, I have to pack up and move all my things across the hall. I have been in this room for nearly a decade. Most of you know what pack-rats teachers tend to be, so imagine what a daunting task this is going to be. I'm thinking that, hell, if I have to pack up all my stuff anyway, I might as well put it in my car and bring it home!

Ok, I literally feel my blood pressure rising, and a slew of 'fucks' coming to the surface, so I think it's best I go for now. On my drive home, I did toy with the idea of just saying "Fuck it!" and NOT go in to school until Wednesday. If my room gets done, it gets done. If not, oh well!!! I'm giving some serious thought to just enjoying the ONLY two days I will have had off for the summer. I'll keep you posted....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I just want to say that I totally feel your pain. I can't imagine. This is what I will pray tonight. I will pray that after everything is moved over you LOVE the new room. I will pray that it is a better environment to teach in and you will have beautiful light! I will pray that you will adore your little kindergarteners turned first graders and you will have a beautiful year.

I can NOT believe you only have 2 days off. OH MY GOSH! That is nothing but insanity.

The Girl Next Door said...

OH I am so sorry! 2 days - that is just WRONG! You need down time from those kiddies! You work your butt off!

Sending you bloggy hugs.

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

OH HELL to the NO! I am so sorry. The move alone STINKS. I moved three times in my first four years, and it was a pain in the butt. I look at all the stuff I have at 10 years, I can only imagine how much I will have at 20 years.

On the looping thing...my principal is big into this. I *MIGHT* do it if I got the promise that another teacher I know gets in a different district. At the end before they loop with the kids, they are allowed to PASS on two kids....two kiddos that you really need a break from/feel someone else can reach/whatever....no questions asked on the pass. I can be down with that.

We have one teacher in our building who has looped 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and will now be teaching her babes 5th grade. Can you claim 28 kids on your taxes? Does that get you an automatic audit?

Then there is that whole new school of thought that if a teacher teachers more than 5 years in a grade, they grow stagnant. BULLSHIT....yeah, there are always those few teachers that are going to go get their plan book from last year, etc....but really? I know so much more now because of how long I've taught 4th and 5th grades.

No wonder you had to let this simmer for so long.

HUGS....off to research plasma donations for HH.... :)

jlo said...

Man. Changing grades blows. Changes rooms double blows. I think you will love 1st. I taught it for 9 years. I, too, toy with not going back until the 1 day they give you to prepare. LIke that will do it. But, my anxiety always gets the best of me and i start totally ready. We are teachers. It is what we do. That's why we're good. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you while AI'm hanging butcher paper! ;)

jwg said...

Well crud. That explains a lot. Been away and just read the news. Let me guess. She justified this really stupid move by telling you what a great job you did with the large group last year and what a great teacher you are and how not everyone would be able to do this and all sorts of other blather. Either that or you've pushed all her buttons and this is revenge. Just how many kids will you have and do you get an assistant?