LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh my holy hell!!!

I LOVE SMP!!!!!

Those are the initials of Stud's bestest friend. And, I LOVE THAT BOY!!!

I may or may not have posted a few months back about my laptop taking a dump. First, I kept getting an error message upon start up that said I needed to replace my hard drive, as "a failure is imminent." Then, about 2 weeks later, I picked up a virus! I couldn't do anything at all with it. I was going to have it looked at and fixed, and long story short, my brother bought me a new computer, which I've been using ever since. However, I still missed my "real" computer a lot. It had all my "stuff" on it, plus I knew my way around it better (obviously, since I've had it for years.)

Ok, I hear you...what the hell's your point, woman!? Well, Stud and I were talking about how nice it would be to have a second laptop to use down in the basement, blah, blah, blah. I was saying that I needed to make some phone calls next week to find out about getting my old laptop fixed, and he chimes in with, "I bet S could fix it." WHAT?!?! Does he know how to fix viruses?! "Yeah, he's had to fix their computer about 15 times because M (the little brother) keeps downloading viruses."

Well, flash forward to this morning. I sent S a text, saying I hear he's a computer genius, and is there any chance he'd like to attempt to fix my computer. He says sure. Long story short (yeah, I know, too late!), I pick him up at his dad's and bring him over. I have no clue what the hell he did, but about an hour and half later, here I am! Posting from my old computer!!!! Woo-freakin'-hoo!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me! S is pretty happy, too, since, naturally, I paid him for his troubles. He immediately tried to give it back, but I wouldn't hear of it. What I gave him is literally a fraction of what it would have cost for someone else to just LOOK at, not even fix, it. I was MORE than happy to do it. He also said that he knows how to fix my hard drive, so next week, we'll be shopping for one. Have I told you yet how much I LOVE this boy!?

1 comment:

Pissedoffteacher said...

I know the feeling. My husband is pretty good at fixing computers and my son is a pro, so when anything goes wrong, I just have to yell and I get immediate help. Lots of friends rely on them too.