LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reason #237 Why I Love My Bloggy Buddies

One of my Bloggy Buddies, who also happens to be a teacher, left me these words of encouragement after my last bitch session. I mean post.

Sometimes I HATE Blogger, I’ve tried 6 times to post this comment on your blog,about your situation. Hopefully you will get this.

Just a couple of comments. I would NOT spend my two days getting the room ready, you NEED a break, go get a spa treatment or something instead. You’ve taught long enough to be able to deal with the first couple of weeks with things “messed up”. And you didn’t create the problem. They aren’t paying you to spend YOUR time doing it, unless things are a lot different in Chicago than here, and I doubt it.

Second, if there truly is nothing you can do about it, then you have choices, will you let it mess up who you are and how you do your job. As much as you hate being forced out of your comfort zone, you might actually like first grade. Almost every teacher I know that has moved that way has liked it. The kids are developmentally able to do more. Plus, if you are truly looping, then you should have most of your own kids, and you prepared them, you will start off faster and better with them than someone else.


We've all said it before - blogging is cheaper than therapy. One of my favorite things about the Blogosphere is that it expands your circle of friends, exponentially, through the wonders of modern technology.

No comments: