LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Did you turn your clock back?

Cuz, I didn't, and I scared the living daylights out of Stud Muffin this morning!!

I started gently waking him up around 9:30 (well, what I thought was 9:30!)this morning because he needs to be at school very early tomorrow to do some make-up work, and I want him to go to bed at a decent hour tonight. Every 15 minutes or so, I'd go in his room, tickle his ears, kiss his cheeks, etc., trying to get him up and moving. After the 10:45 attempt, I sat down at the computer to check email and suddenly remembered that Stud was supposed to work at the Open House at his school this morning. And, it started at 11:00! Holy crap! I screamed, "Oh my God, STUD!!! Get up, get up!!" I ran to his room, as I was yelling like a lunatic, and saw him bolt straight up in bed, with a panicked look on his face. He started yelling, "Ahhhh!! What?! What?!" I think the poor baby thought the house was on fire. I just kept screaming about how he was supposed to be at the open house in 3 minutes, and get up, get dressed, get moving!!!

Naturally, he wanted to just skip the open house, and roll over and go back to sleep. That, of course, led to a whole new round of screaming about how he made a commitment, people are counting on him, he's supposed to be representing the school, yadda, yadda, yadda. After some eye rolling, he got out of bed, washed his face, brushed his teeth, and let me actually wet down his mop of hair (since there was NO time for a shower), then he started to get dressed. About 4 minutes into this whole fiasco, I suddenly remembered - I never turned the clocks back! What an assbag I am! I almost didn't want to tell him, since he was already upset with me for making him get up. But, with a little chuckle, I told him what happened. I told him to keep getting dressed, though, since it was already 10:10, and I promised to use the extra time to drive to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a breakfast sandwich. He got to the open house with 10 minutes to spare. :)

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

Yikes! I am looking forward to being able to get up on time for work for a while. But the 5 o'clock darkness? Not so much.

Clippy Mat said...

god love ye. that's hilarious. i remember all of the tactics and cajoling i used to have to do to get my teens out of bed.
do NOT miss those days.
;-)

Gberger said...

I have forgotten this before, but not this year. We got a little extra sleep and it was lovely. I hope you had a good day!