LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Aw, shucks....

I feel like such a slacker. I had planned to do a wonderful post yesterday about my "baby" boy, who turned 16 yesterday. SIX-FREAKIN'-TEEN!!!!!!!! Who the HELL gave him permission to do that!? I thought I would spend the evening upstairs working on my post while he enjoyed his surprise party down in the basement with his friends. But, it didn't work out that way. My parents came over, as did my sister, and one of my girlfriends (his best friend's mom) stayed. Later, her boyfriend joined us, as well. Bottom line, I spent the whole night downstairs enjoying the party! Woo hoo! A few more friends spent some time with us as they were dropping off or picking up their children. It was a really nice evening.

I still plan to do a lovely post about my baby, I'm just not sure when. This has been a whirlwind week, and it isn't over yet. I'm having a Big Fat Italian Birthday Party tomorrow for Stud Muffin, so I've already spent the past 4 hours cleaning, and now I have to go shopping. AND, I have to work tonight, for the first time in a looonnngggg time. Jeez, I hope I remember what the hell to do!!

[little side note here- I haven't actually worked (bartended) since, I think, August. But, like I said in a previous post, that doesn't mean I've been doing anything with my Saturday nights. Most nights I'm in my jammies, watching TV in bed, by 8! THIS Saturday, however, I made plans to have friends over for dinner, then go see the one friend and his band play at a bar that is walking distance from my house. This is the first time in who knows how long I've actually made plans, and now my brother needs me to work. (Neither of our bartenders can work tonight.) I mean, WTF? Is this some kind of cruel joke, or a punishment for not working for so long? Eesh! I keep reminding myself that I may just make enough tonight to pay for the catering that I now have to get for tomorrow, since I won't have time to cook, since I'M WORKING TONIGHT!!]

3 comments:

jlo said...

Happy Birthday to SM!!! Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!

Clippy Mat said...

happy birthday s.m.
hope the big fat italian b.day party goes well.
:-))

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy birthday to the Stuf Muffin. Sounds like a great party.
Figures...you make plans, then you have to work. Murphys law????