LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

It could be worse....

...I could have to work a full week. I just realized this morning, as I was typing out my weekly newsletter (that none of the parents read, by the way!!) that I only have to work three days this week. Well, three days with the kids, that is. The kids are off Thursday because it's Report Card Pick-Up Day. The nice thing about those days is that we start late, but the crappy thing is that we start late. We work 12-6 those days, so it's nice not having to go in until noon. But, I REALLY don't like being in Englewood until 6 pm. [On a side note, about 30 minutes ago, I was watching the early evening news, and they had a "breaking news story" about yet another child shot in Englewood today. I think the number of children killed this school year by gunfire is now around 35. Most of those have been in Englewood.]

Anyway, because we start late on Report Card days, we usually try to go out, or do something, the night before. However, I have a feeling I'll be "working" at the bar Wednesday night. That's fine, though. Maybe I can convince some of the girls to meet me up there, since they all start late the next day, too.

Friday, I'm not working because the Big Cheese paid for me to go to a workshop. Now, you all know the routine. Go, sign in and leave. However, Friday, I'll be leaving to go right back home (the workshop is at a Hilton that's about 10 blocks from my house) and jump in the shower, because I have a gyne appointment. Worked out well, didn't it? I love that I was able to make a daytime appointment, because it's so hard to get an evening appointment at this office. I realized about a month ago that I was about 3 months late for my checkup. That wouldn't be such a big deal, except I've had to go see my doctor every 3 months for the past few years, so I basically missed an entire checkup. Oh, well. Hopefully, there's not a problem.
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four, unless there are three other people. ---Orson Welles

No comments: