LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Whew....

...thank God that's over! I only had to stay for about 15 minutes after school today to finish my report cards. I had to get them finished today, because I won't be at school tomorrow (thank you, Jesus!!) and the grades have to be in by the end of the day. That's the point of the teacher institute day, despite the fact that most principals (Big Cheese included) schedule meetings all damn day long. I used to always take these days off, since I could get more work done at home, plus my son would be out of school, as well. But, this year CPS switched over to a computerized system for attendance and grades, and we can only access it from school. How freakin' stupid is that?!?! I don't know any teachers who actually do their report cards at school. We take them home (along with the hours of other work we bring home every night!!) and work on them in the comfort of our own homes, sitting in our jammies, sipping our tea or coffee. Or margarita, if we're lucky!! It REALLY pisses me off that we have to be at school to do our damn cards.

Anyway, my little darlings basically did nothing today while I worked on report cards. They watched Between the Lions and Sesame Street videos (both to ease my guilt, as they are incredibly educational) and then Rugrats (the source of my guilt!) But, bottom line - I got my damn card finished, and didn't have to stay in Englewood any longer than necessary.

Of course, I drove straight here to the bar, where I've been trying to program the damn cash registers for a week! I'm taking a quick break to post and check email, then I'm going to go get my brother and myself some dinner, then I'm going to give the registers another try. Since I don't have to work tomorrow, I figure I can stay out later. Yeah, right, I'm already exhausted!

I still do have to get up early tomorrow and drive all the way to Malcolm X College to sign in and leave. Then I'll be off to celebrate my daddy's birthday. 65 wonderful years! Yay, Daddy!
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ---Enid Bagnold

No comments: