Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Buster!!

I'm too cute for words!
So regal!!

I love how this is the same pose as the picture to the right!

Today is my Dorky Dog's 11th birthday. Jeez, he's old, huh? I realize that 90% of the time, I'm bitching about him, but the other 10%, I kinda like him. I just dropped him off at the groomers for a bath and a serious brushing. He's losing his winter coat, and my house is a disgusting mess! I have to vacuum at least 3 times a day (NO exaggeration, I swear!) and there's still hair everywhere! I've always wanted to get a Roomba, but with all the trouble my friend's been having with hers, I think I'll save my money.

Anyway, Buster is enjoying the doggy version of a "spa day" for his birthday. I'll come back and post a picture of him after I pick him up. He always gets a cute bandana tied around his neck when the groomer finishes with him.

Today is also my niece's 14th birthday. I have a feeling she would like a "spa day" even more than Buster would. I may have to work on that...
In the meantime, I'm off to make dinner, while working on the menus for Intimo. A sister's work is never done...
Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives. ---Sue Murphy

4 comments:

KBL 2 ORD 2 SAN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUSTER!!! Oh my gosh, he is too cute!!! I cannot wait to see his 'after' picture. Give him lots of smooches and treats from Golden cousins out in Cali.

Oh, and he's only 77 years old...that's not old at all! :-)

Love you Buster!

Ditaur said...

See Please Here

Hey Teach! said...

Happy Birthday to Buster. I think it is so nice of you to give him a spa day for his big day. The strawberries in your earlier post look yummy.

Smileygirl said...

Ok you must sing this to him from me...

Happy Birthday To You,
Happy Birthday To You,
Happy Birthday DEAR BUSTER
Eat cake and do poo!

He is precious and I love the way he lays with his paws out in front of his face. He still looks like a young spry pup!

I think Roombas were made for people without shedding dogs and cats. That's one of the issues I plan on addressing at our annual meeting.