LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Yikes! It was 18 degrees today!

The temperature dropped severely today. It's supposed to be cold all week. It's been snowing on and off all afternoon. I love it!!! I might even have to break out my coat....

The babies all asked me, the second they walked in the door, when we were going to make more cinnamon apples. They're too cute. I actually put a request in my newsletter this week for some supplies for having another 'apple party.' I asked for sugar, cinnamon and Dixie cups to serve them in. One of my moms already told me at dismissal that she would send in cups. Yay!

We've been reading about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. everyday since we came back from vacation. Today, we colored pictures of him, and started writing our 'dreams' to hang up in the hallway. I hope I get them all finished tomorrow. Next Monday we're off in honor of his birthday, so I'd like to have them up before then!

Next week is going to be a nice one, that's for sure. Like I said, we're all off Monday for MLK, then the kids are off Friday, too, for a teacher institute day. Then, the following week, we have another in-school field trip on Wednesday, and I'll be out on Thursday for a workshop. That takes us right to February! So, no complaints out of me, I promise. This is when my non-teacher friends start their bitching about "teachers get so much time off!!" Well, let me rub it in a bit...we also have Monday, Feb. 11-no school for the kids, Tuesday, Feb. 12-no school, Lincoln's Birthday, and Monday, Feb. 18-no school, Presidents' Day. Yay for us! My stock answer for those ignorant enough to say we get too many days off is, "Come spend ONE day with me at school, then tell me if you feel the same." It worked for my brother! He's never said another word about it.
You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ---Franklin P. Jones


2 comments:

miss r said...

Was it really that cold? I didn't notice it, which is VERY strange because I despise freezing temps.
P.S. Is the lack of a coat your secret to not getting sick?

Me said...

Your coat??? What about hat, scarf, ear muffs, moon boots, mittens, nose cozy, etc?!?!?!?!?!

It was close to 80 degrees again today and honestly, when I saw the snow in CT on the news this morning I was homesick. I miss it. It should NOT be hot in January. Though I hope it's warm for you when you come out next month.

Remember your first trip out here when you came and visited? OMG we still laugh about that.

I have a craving for apple/cinnamon pie.