LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I don't feel good....

At some point last night, I started feeling "icky." Scratchy throat, runny/stuffy nose, sinus pain and pressure, the works. It was even worse when I woke up this morning. I seriously considered turning the alarm off, calling in sick, and going back to sleep. Especially after I realized it was Tuesday, not Monday, and that meant I'd have to work until 5. If I didn't have to take my son to school, it might have just happened. That, and the fact that I didn't want to throw away the after school money. It's more like, I couldn't afford to throw it away.

Not much happened today, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. When the babies came in this morning, I told them right away that I didn't feel good. Actually, a couple of them commented on my stuffy nose. I told them that my head was killing me ( a combination of a sinus headache, and the onset of a monthly migraine, although I didn't share that with them!) so they needed to be really quiet today so my head didn't hurt so much. I told them that if my head started hurting too bad, then I'd have to go home and go to bed. They are so sweet. They all tried to be very quiet and work on their assignments without making a lot of noise. They even kept reminding each other to "be quiet. Mrs. L has a headache!" Gotta love them! A couple of them suggested that I put my head down during rest time and try to sleep so my head would feel better. Awwww.

I had one baby left to DIBEL today. He scored all zeros last time, which is why he was on the list to be tested last. Well, whatta ya know? He moved himself up to benchmark (green)! All my kids have been tested now, and only 1 is still in the red/intensive group. I'm amazed! The rest are almost all in benchmark. I'm so proud of them!

I'd love to keep blabbing, but my head is killing me still, so I'm going to get into my warm, fuzzy jammies, and curl up in bed with some tea. Oh, and just in case you didn't check out the previous post, please be sure to watch that video!! It had me peeing on myself. I've probably watched it 237 times now, and it's funnier every time I see it!!
You always feel better when your drink peppermint tea and take a hot bath. ---Tammi, age 15

I'm taking Tammi's advice. Good night!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I hope you feel better soon - I love that your kids are looking out for you!