LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

What a very productive day!

I managed to finally get all the progress reports entered into the system today for the after school program. Yay! I also managed to get my report cards entered into the system, as well. Double YAY! That takes a lot of pressure off me for next week. Hmmm, maybe I'll even take next Friday off....

Monday and Tuesday of this week, I went to school with "straight" hair. I just blew it dry, no big deal. But, of course, the babies all had something to say. Then, yesterday, it was back to normal, crazy and curly. Today, I clipped the top back, and it was extra curly because there was wet snow falling this morning. My darling little B.G. said to me "Your hair looks like roses!" Out of the mouth of babes! I took it as a compliment! Especially because she had just come back from Art, where she drew pictures of roses.

We'll be having another "apple party" tomorrow, and the babies can't wait. I'm bringing my extra large crock pot this time so the babies can get their fill.

Getting back to the snow for a minute (Laura, this is for you!), it snowed all afternoon. We're supposed to have a major cold front moving through in the next few days. They're talking about record breaking cold. It's supposed to hit 2 degrees Saturday. Yikes! I actually had to wear my hooded sweatshirt tonight when I left school. As much as I love snow, I'm hoping it's just more cold than snowy, because I need new tires in a bad way. I'm trying to not buy them, though, since my car is almost 11 years old, and I'm thinking of getting a new one this spring. It's already almost February, so I'm hoping my luck holds out!
*************************************************
(Ok, it's about 10:30 now, and I just watched the weather report. It's currently 6 degrees outside, with a windchill of -4! I know my ChiTown defectors remember the days of windchills, don't ya? The windchills are predicted to hit -30 this weekend. I suppose now I'll have to look for my damn coat in the morning!)

Snowflakes are kisses from heaven. ---Author Unknown

2 comments:

Me said...

OMG that is head splittin' bitter cold!! Wasn't it like 65 degrees just last week too? As for your tires can you put chains on them or is that old school?

I'll have to watch WGN news this week to see the weather reports and watch the people running for cover in the extreme freeze!

Do you want a nose cozy?

Najia said...

Don't worry, before you know you'll be lying topless on the beach with us. It's like 85 fucking degrees out here. Love it!

I keep forgetting, but I have a recipe to send you for the cinnamon apples you make for your babies. Super simple! Involves Nilla Wafers....